Page 2 of 4 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 66 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 1
Brian Flynn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 10:18 AM

No matter how many programs I have removed from my phone. It still states I don't have enough room. I have 35MB's available. How big is this program?

Posts 21
Daryl Musson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 10:57 AM

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!!  Loaded on new HTC ThunderBolt!!  Did I mention thank you?!

Posts 40
Joe Hicks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 12:03 PM

Smooth on my thunderbolt as well....thanks

Posts 2
T. Ann Reed | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 12:37 PM

I think we could do without all the graphics on the library page. A text title and author would be enough. The graphics seem to slow things down. Thanks for developing this feature I can tells it's going to be an amazing tool. 

God Bless

Posts 66
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 12:42 PM

Installed on Droid X with Gingerbread 2.3.  No problems.  Largest app (even beats Google Earth - 16+Mb versus 15.3Mb) when it comes to space requirements, but does not even show up on battery usage info page.  Good work.  Yes

"If you cry out for insight and understanding and if you search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God." - Proverbs 2:3-5

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 12:46 PM

Brian Flynn:

No matter how many programs I have removed from my phone. It still states I don't have enough room. I have 35MB's available. How big is this program?

From another post after yours:

Largest app (even beats Google Earth - 16+Mb versus 15.3Mb)

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 1
Pete Elliott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 12:58 PM

Installed today on Droid X with Android 2.3.3.  Works OK.  I've been using OliveTree and it is still a little smoother (but doesn't have access to my Logos library!).  The Logos app needs to go ahead and keep the screen alive.  Mine goes dark after 15 seconds.  I could adjust the default display settings, but it would be nicer if the app told the screen to stay up (like the Kindle, Olivetree, and other apps).

It took awhile to figure out how to navigate inside a book.  The tap on the screen method is OK, but perhaps there should also be something in the options.  If tapping on the book name in options brought up a chapter/verse chooser that would be intuitive.

Posts 4
David Iversen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 4:11 PM

I'm a software professional and eager to help constructively.  I'm frustrated at how hard it is to find information on what each beta contains in terms of enhanced facilities and bug fixes.  If I find an issue how do I know it's a planned limitation of the release, something new, or something that's been reported before? Conversely, how do I know what positive information Logos is looking for, e.g. on device compatibility.

Has Bugzilla or some similar tool been set up?

Posts 1
Shawn McKinney | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 7:18 PM

I so wish that you could search within the books for phrases, however, I know that it is a beta and I may be asking for too much but that would be nice!

Posts 14
. Richard Borden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 10:13 PM

Installed with no problems on my Samung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet running android 3.1 perfectly! Thanks for getting this software to us android users. 

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 2:31 AM

David Iversen:
I'm frustrated at how hard it is to find information on what each beta contains in terms of enhanced facilities and bug fixes.  If I find an issue how do I know it's a planned limitation of the release, something new, or something that's been reported before? Conversely, how do I know what positive information Logos is looking for, e.g. on device compatibility.

Usually that information is in each release post e.g. "Beta-4 release notes" though it would be good to have a sticky at the top of the forum with all release notes in it.

No bug reporting tool has been set up; usually (from the other beta forum) I found that this format usually works fine:

What the issue is

What you were doing when it happened.

What your phone and OS is

If it's repeatable.

any other suggestions would be welcome...I don't work for Logos so these are just my observations.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 2
Brent A. Bridgeman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 8:41 AM

Thanks for this great app!  I have just a couple of questions that I couldn't find answers to on the forum. 

First, I understand there are licensing issues with some resources on mobile devices.  Are there plans to obtain these licenses in the future?  Some of my most used resources are not available (Bible Knowledge Commentary and Wiersbe's Expostionary Commentary are two).

When you download a resource, where is it saved?  To the phone or the SD card?  I moved the app to the SD card, but I don't think that included any downloaded resources. 

Posts 24896
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 9:21 AM

Hi Brent  - and welcome to the forums

Brent A. Bridgeman:
When you download a resource, where is it saved?  To the phone or the SD card?  I moved the app to the SD card, but I don't think that included any downloaded resources. 

There is a related discussion to this at http://community.logos.com/forums/t/34464.aspx which might give some pointers.

Graham

Posts 4
Alex Dolin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 12:56 PM

Maybe I have made a mistake somehow in installation but on my Xperia X10 I am getting an error message when I open up the app: "Could not copy files to SD card." immedeately upon starting after it "intiallizes." 

This is odd because on my Xoom, the app runs very smooth, I am looking forward to the more advanced features soon! Thanks. 

Alex

Posts 6
Fabian Lazarte | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 1:15 PM

Thanks so much! Finally a long awaited Android version! I Just installed in my Dell Streak and also in my Acer Iconia A500 Tab and it works great. At least we have access to our libraries but we are waiting for more features like highlight, underline or make notes. A better integration with Honeycomb (like using Honeycomb menu instead of the 2.x.x.x versions) . My Nelson Map module will not open all the maps.  Overall very , very happy with this release. Thank you!

Posts 6
Fabian Lazarte | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 1:16 PM

It is supposed to occupied 20mb. What phone do you have?

Posts 84
Angelia Ulrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 3:31 PM

It did not download on my brand new minutes old Tbolt. Any ideas? I've tried directly thru the website & thru the blog.logos.com. Thanks.

Posts 30
Rodney Lake | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 7:00 PM

The app installed fine on my Acer Iconia a500 and HTC EVO.

Posts 6
Fabian Lazarte | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 11:07 PM

Not familiar with the setting on the Tbolt, but did you enable "unknown source" on the application setting. I know you said you cannot download it, did you try to install Dolphin and use this browser to download? Otherwise download it in your PC (Mac) and put it on your SD or transfer via cable o wirelessly with apps like File Expert or ES File Explorer.

Posts 1
Sture Nordquist | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 4 2011 12:48 AM

Works fine on Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc. But I found one problem. The Verse picker does not work in the B2000 (Swedish Bible). It works OK in all the other Swedish Bibles. In B2000 it displays "No data." In the iPhone app it works correct.

Page 2 of 4 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS