Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 47
Rev. Patrick Carty | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 2 2011 10:33 AM

Was able to download great, but installing the file failed three times in a row on my Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant.  It said simply failed to install.  When I found the file later on my External SD card I tried an install.  got no message, but it looked for a while like it bricked my phone.  Phone came out of it with no install.  Now when I try to install again it tells me: "there is a problem parsing the package." 

I guess I will wait for more info or the full releaseCrying

Posts 1709
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 10:42 AM

Hey Patrick:

You probably already tried this, but did you allow non-Market apps to install? (Settings, Applications, Unknown Sources.)

I have a Galaxy S 4G (similar I think to the Vibrant) and it installed OK.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 47
Rev. Patrick Carty | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 11:18 AM

Yes, Robert, it is allowed.  I double checked just to make sure.  but the box is checked. Thanks for the response, I have learned long ago that sometimes the most unlikely solutions can solve the problem. 

thanks

Posts 11
Kent Mundhenk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 2 2011 3:39 PM

I also have a Galaxy S but under Settings>Appilcations there is nothing about 3rd party applications, not on that menu or any of the 4 submenus. Any ideas?

Kent

Posts 47
Rev. Patrick Carty | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 8:57 AM

Hi Kent:

right at the top mine has "unknown sources"  that has to be checked to allow non android market apps into your phone. 

By the way, I got mine to install.  I deleted the file from my phone, re downloaded and installed with "Installer" an app installer from the market place.  installed perfectly then.

thanks all

Posts 8
Al Kubat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 10:35 AM

I also have a galaxy s w/ 2.2.  If there is a "unknown source" option I can't find it either.  I will try an installer app.

Posts 8
Al Kubat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 10:36 AM

I forgot...Is there an installer app that works better than others?

Posts 1709
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 5:24 PM

Al Kubat:
If there is a "unknown source" option I can't find it either.

Al:

I'm kind of new to the smart phone thing, but apparently some carriers are more tyrannical than others. i guess some of them aspire to be like the Mother of All Smart Phone Tyrants (begins with an "A").

I have the T-Mobile (US) variation of the Galaxy S 4G and the "Unknown sources" option is at the top of the list when Settings-->Applications is run. But don't tell Tmob, they might have left it open by mistake Wink

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 47
Rev. Patrick Carty | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 4 2011 8:54 AM

My "unknown sources" is right at the top after settings - applications.  I am runnig in Sasktel which is basically a Bell system with 2.2.

Posts 47
Rev. Patrick Carty | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 4 2011 8:56 AM

to install mine I used an installer named simply "Installer"  from the marketplace it has a gear logo similar to our settings logo and is made by rythm software.  It worked well for me. Big Smile

Posts 1
Barry Gillis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 5 2011 8:23 AM

Thanks. Logos would not install to my Droid 2 Global either, but it would with the app installer.

Posts 9
Alan Myatt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 5 2011 9:43 AM

ATT phones won't allow any apps not from the ATT marketplace to install.  I have not found a work around for this.  Anybody know how to get it to work?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS