PBB Tags - Linking to a verse in a specific bible

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 117
Kenny Larsen | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 9 2011 11:33 AM | Locked

Hi,

Is there currently anyway of linking to a verse in a specific bible. Through datatype you can link to a verse in the highest prioritised bible, and resource linking seems to enable you to link to a page in a specific resource, but what about a verse in a specific resource??

Thanks,

Kenny

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2011 5:10 PM | Locked

I can do this in the PC software. For instance the following link takes me directly to 2 Cor 12:9 in the ESV even though the NKJV is my top prioritized. You have to manually make the link in Word, though.

logosres:esv;ref=BibleESV.2Co12.9

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 10 2011 5:24 AM | Locked

Halo Hound:
You have to manually make the link in Word, though.

MS Word for Mac insists that every link must be preceded by http or file. It will not leave the link as logosres: However, you can make such a link in applications such as MacJournal.

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 10 2011 5:26 AM | Locked

Kenny Larsen:
Is there currently anyway of linking to a verse in a specific bible.

OOPS Embarrassed I did not notice the PBB in the title of this thread.

<Deleted my stupid question>

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 10 2011 5:58 AM | Locked

For the time being you have to use the instructions under Resource Links: http://wiki.logos.com/Personal_Books#Resource_links - in later betas this will become easier.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 117
Kenny Larsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 10 2011 7:05 AM | Locked

Halo, thanks for this, unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on the mac side.

Mark, does this mean that for the time being I could only link to the page of another bible as the wiki seems to suggest rather than a selection of verses?

Thanks again,

Kenny

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 10 2011 7:25 AM | Locked

Kenny Larsen:
Mark, does this mean that for the time being I could only link to the page of another bible as the wiki seems to suggest rather than a selection of verses?

I don't think so. I haven't tried it, but I would think this should work:

[[Romans 4:9 (ESV)|ref=bible.66.4.9|res=LLS%3A1.0.7.10]]

The Bile references in this format are bible.booknum.chapter.verse

The book numbers are 1-39 for the OT, 40-60 for the apocrypha and 61-86 for the NT.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS