What Happened to the First Hebrew Primer?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2595
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 10 2011 8:41 AM

I seem to remember that "The First Hebrew Primer" was available in Logos - now I can't find it.  Has this item been discontinued?

Thanks.

Posts 856
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 11 2011 6:08 AM

I don't know the OFFICIAL reason, but I have seen things disappear from the site - for a short season -  while Logos is doing some extra development on that product. It then later reappears without any fanfare.[I seem to recall that it affects products that have CD's - Logos is trying to shift everything (possible) into a downloadable form.] This is my guess.

Posts 2595
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 11 2011 6:51 AM

I hope they bring it back - it has been an item in my "wishlist."

I would also like to see Logos (if they can) announce ahead of time when a product is going to be discontinued to give people a last minute chance to purchase it.

Posts 205
Oldnewbie | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 11 2011 8:14 AM

Interesting.  If I click through the link on the error page that says it doesn't exist on the website I go to a page for "Portfolio" that says it is included in that package.  That makes me think it hasn't been discontinued.  Maybe Logos is doing some upgrading to the audio functionality.

Posts 468
BKMitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 12 2011 3:19 AM

Logos' web page for "The first Hebrew Primer" has now reads

We're sorry!

That is not a product we currently sell.

And that's not all EKS publishing used to have a web page for the Logos/Libronix edition of the book but now if you click on the link below you won't find it: http://www.ekspublishing.com/biblical-hebrew/the-first-hebrew-primer-digital-edition

חַפְּשׂוּ בַּתּוֹרָה הֵיטֵב וְאַל תִּסְתַּמְּכוּ עַל דְּבָרַי

Posts 232
Genghis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2011 6:09 PM

Looks like EKS has withdrawn their  books from Logos!

A pity because I have been recommending the Primer to friends because it is very good. It gets users doing productive things quickly without getting bogged down in linquistic technical language.  Almost makes biblical Hebrew conversational!

Posts 9081
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2011 8:25 PM

I know where it is: It's in my computer! Hehehe...I'm sure glad I picked this one up before it disappeared.  I wonder if you could still get it by upgrading to Portfolio; because I know Portfolio has/had it.....minutes later....Never mind, Portfolio no longer has it either.  I guess they pulled it out for good.

DAL

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS