lbxlls and logos4 file duplicates

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 140
Mark Allison | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 4 2009 12:02 PM

I have files that appear to be duplicates with both the lbxlls and logos4 extensions (ie, NA27.lbxlls and NA27.logos4). If I'm not using v.3, can I deleted the lbxlls file?

Posts 1928
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 12:15 PM

I may be overly cautious, but I keep a strict hands off policy on the L4 Resource directory.  I will look but not touch.  I strongly suspect that it will take care of this on its own soon.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 1145
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 12:26 PM

Mark Allison:

I have files that appear to be duplicates with both the lbxlls and logos4 extensions (ie, NA27.lbxlls and NA27.logos4). If I'm not using v.3, can I deleted the lbxlls file?

A Logos programmer could give you the best answer, but , these files might both be serving a purpose.  So, I would vote "no".Smile

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 2:29 PM
Logos 4 and LDLS 3 can both be used and each has its own optimized format for books. If you are never going to use LDLS 3 again you can delete those files. I would caution you, though, that some resources are not yet available in Logos 4, such as PBB and some videos.
Posts 2746
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 2:34 PM

Don:
Logos 4 and LDLS 3 can both be used and each has its own optimized format for books. If you are never going to use LDLS 3 again you can delete those files. I would caution you, though, that some resources are not yet available in Logos 4, such as PBB and some videos.

Not only that! Some resources like NA27 might still be in that format. You should have more NA27s than one. I would not touch that file.

Bohuslav

Posts 2895
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 2:42 PM

Do not act on my statement until a more knowledgeable person responds, but in theory even if I mess up and delete a resource so that it is not available, wouldn't the program then just re-download it?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 2:45 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:
Do not act on my statement until a more knowledgeable person responds, but in theory even if I mess up and delete a resource so that it is not available, wouldn't the program then just re-download it?

That depends how it tracks what it downloads. If it checks each file each time, it shouldn't matter. If it checks a log of what it's downloaded instead, it matters.

Basically, we should not be messing around with the L4 resource directory at all. It should be fully managed by Logos, requiring zero attention from end-users.

If you're talking about deleting resources from your L3 directory, I don't see a problem, unless you want to use that resource in L3 again someday.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 27978
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 3:39 PM

Mark Allison:

If this is in your L4 resource folder - do not touch. Reporting it is sufficient. If a Logos tech says to delete it, fair enough.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 140
Mark Allison | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 3:51 PM

I went ahead and deleted the files. They weren't supposed to be there and deleting them did no harm (as far as I can tell :-)

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 3:58 PM

Mark Allison:
I went ahead and deleted the files. They weren't supposed to be there and deleting them did no harm (as far as I can tell :-)

Well, don't be surprised when the men in black show up. They might even check to see if you really did tear off that tag on your mattress.

Uh, sorry. Did you delete them from your L4 resource folder, or your L3 resource folder.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 140
Mark Allison | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 1:00 PM

Deleted them from the Logos4 folder.

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 2:49 PM

Mark Allison:

I suspect that if you delete a resource file that version 4 needs, it will download them the next time it does an update. So I don't think there is any harm. To be safe when I did this, I moved the files to a backup folder, just in case. But a short while later, Logos had downloaded the file again.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS