Lectionary is irritating...

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 768
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 5:52 PM

All lectionaries are irritating. Stick out tongue

*** Ducks***

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 5:58 PM

Jerry Bush:

*** Ducks***

Posts 4
Matthew David Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 6:12 PM

I was unable to hide the Catholic Lectionary.  It shows up in the box for hidden resources but it is still in my library also and on my homepage.  I like the Lectionary on my home page, but I do not want to use the Catholic Lectionary.  Any help?

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 7:01 PM

Matthew, have you prioritised another lectionary in your library?

Posts 64
Aaron Baldridge | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 11:04 AM

I just upgrade my Logos and that is one feature that I can not stand either. I'll keep reading through these posts and hope to find a solution to get rid of it.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 11:25 AM

Rev Aaron R Baldridge:

I just upgrade my Logos and that is one feature that I can not stand either. I'll keep reading through these posts and hope to find a solution to get rid of it.

Aaron, just hide all of the lectionaries in your library (you do this in the Program Settings)

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 1:22 PM

As a good evangelical - I am rather surprised at how ungracious and narrow minded some folk can be. If you don't have the stamina, discipline or imagination to use a lectionary then simply ignore it, hide or delete it - but don't be rude about it (or dismiss those who use it.)

Perhaps if Logos could simply give people the option to tick or un-tick the lectionary from appearing in the ribbon then all could be content. 

Posts 4
Matthew David Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 5:19 PM

Yes I prioritized two other lectionaries, but their ranking will not go above the Catholic Lectionary--it is still ranked number one in the list. 

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 5:22 PM

MatthewDavidAnderson:

Yes I prioritized two other lectionaries, but their ranking will not go above the Catholic Lectionary--it is still ranked number one in the list. 

Peace, Matthew!     *smile*

They need to be prioritized higher than the Catholic Lectionary.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 33246
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 7:22 PM

Stephen Thorp:
As a good evangelical - I am rather surprised at how ungracious and narrow minded some folk can be. If you don't have the stamina, discipline or imagination to use a lectionary then simply ignore it, hide or delete it - but don't be rude about it (or dismiss those who use it.)

Since lectionaries in the form of the weekly Torah cycle date back at least as far as the exile, perhaps we need to create the Torah cycle as the default - I'm not sure how close we could get to the corresponding Nevi'im at the time of Jesus' ministry but we could come close. It should be difficult to object to what Jesus and his disciples knew in synagogue services Smile - and it still leaves the ignore, hide, delete options.

More seriously, I think that the reaction reflected in several posts in thread show the need for basic education about lectionaries. It is unsurprising to have these responses if one thinks that lectionaries are Catholic or left-over Catholic artifacts. It is surprising if one knows that lectionaries were well established in Judaism before Jesus Christ.

But thank you, Stephen, for adding a voice of reason into this thread

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4
Matthew David Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 9:11 PM

How do you accomplish that?  I clicked prioritze resource several times, but it would not go above the catholic lectionary.

Posts 33246
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 10:41 PM

Are you looking at the prioritize list on the right? Simply  click on the Catholic Lectionary then on remove from list. If no lectionary is in the priority list on the right - add RCL (or any one other than Catholic) to the priority list.

Or, if you have no interest in lectionaries - make all lectionaries hidden.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4
Matthew David Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 8:37 PM

I tried that first thing.  I clicked prioritize, and there was not any lectionaries in that list on the right.  I added RCL and the Methodist lectionary to that list.  That moved them up in the rankings to 2 and 3.  Catholic is still ranked 1 and still appears on the homepage.  I also hid the Catholic lectionary.  It still appeared on the homepage and still is ranked 1.  It is not in the list on the right and never was, so I did not and could not remove it.  And I do want a lectionary on the homepage, just not the Catholic one. 

Posts 3
Sean Holder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 9:23 PM

Why cant Logos just make the Ribbon Bar where we can put our favorite stuff up there.   I would like to put a devotional up there instead of a lectionary.  I understand having the Bible and a reading plan but I just dont get the recent reading list and lectionary being there.  I removed the lectionaries from my library but really wish the ribbon bar was more useful.  Hope Logos is listening to these forums.

Posts 33246
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 9:51 PM

MatthewDavidAnderson:
I tried that first thing.

Boy, you have me puzzled. I have the Catholic lectionary, RCL lectionary and Lutheran 3-year prioritized in that sequence (in the right priority list). When I click on the Catholic lectionary and say remove from list, close L4 and restart, the RCL shows. I'm out of ideas -unless you can post a picture of the priority list, I think this may be a customer service problem.

Posts 64
Aaron Baldridge | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 10:48 AM

I certainly did not mean to be rude.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 11:36 AM

MatthewDavidAnderson:
I tried that first thing.  I clicked prioritize, and there was not any lectionaries in that list on the right.  I added RCL and the Methodist lectionary to that list.
Try posting a screen shot of your prioritized list and then maybe someone can see what is up.  

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 1:21 PM

Rev Aaron R Baldridge:
I certainly did not mean to be rude

That's Ok! That's the problem with text - at times it comes across harsher than we would wish or intend! Peace!

Posts 87
Timothy Shrimpton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 8:38 AM

On the opposite side of the fence from some folks here, I adore the lectionary system and think it's a great way to have balance in both content and theme in our weekly worship!

As a result, I wouldn't mind having our lectionary show up in my home page.  Is it possible to have the lectionary reading show up there?  I know I can just mouse-hover over the lectionary listing in the ribbon, but it would be kinda neat to have it be "in your face" and fully typed out in the home page.

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 9:18 AM

TimothyShrimpton:
As a result, I wouldn't mind having our lectionary show up in my home page.  Is it possible to have the lectionary reading show up there?  I know I can just mouse-hover over the lectionary listing in the ribbon, but it would be kinda neat to have it be "in your face" and fully typed out in the home page.

That would be a really neat & useful option! If Logos could give us another tick option in the homepage customisation list that would allow those of us who use lectionaries to take full advantage without upsetting our friends who don't! Great idea!!

Yes

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS