How do I switch windows when running Logos 4 in Windows 7?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 261
Ralph A. Abernethy III | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 22 2011 3:25 PM

Whenever I am running Logos and other programs on my Windows 7 laptop, the "switch windows" icon + arrow doesn't work.  Miniaturized windows of all the programs I have running pop up, but when I click on the arrow key I remain stuck in Logos.  To switch to another program window I first have to minimize the Logos window, which kind of seems to defeat the purpose of the switch windows shortcut.  As far as I can tell this only happens when I have Logos open.  Any ideas?  TIA.

Posts 77
Geneva Smith Krag | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 3:44 PM

Alt+Tab works for me.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 3:53 PM

The windows +Arrow key in Windows 7 is suppose to tile/dock your window toward the left or right side of the screen depending on the arrow pressed.  

As Niels states, ALT+TAB has always been the windows switcher since it was first instituted AFAIK.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 26687
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 3:59 PM

Alt+Tab and arrow keys works OK on my laptop with L4 and a floating window. Alternatively Alt and pressing Tab cycles thru the windows. Do you have Aero enabled?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 5:54 AM

For switching opened applications in Win7 you click WinKey + Tab (it shows nice graphic way of switching windows with the applications - including Logos 4). WinKey + Arrow works also for me. Alt + Tab the same (I prefer WinKey + Tab though).

Bohuslav

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 12:19 PM

I have Logos pinned to my taskbar as the first item and Word as my second. When I want my first Logos Window I press WINDOW+1, second L4 window=Window+11, 3rd = Window+111. When I want word for taking down notes I press WINDOW+2.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 2:36 PM

I think I have the Arizona version of Windows7. It doesn't do WinKey+arrow or tab. WinKey+tab switches input boxes in the Logos forum. It does do HH's WinKey+##'s well though.

Further evidence of  the Arizona version is that the Alt-Tab'ing of Logos floating windows more often than not doesn't show their window titles (should be the current tab title for the floating window). So it's always hide and seek using Logos4 ... all part of the fun.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 3:12 PM

winkey+arrow in windows 7  moves the current window to the left or right side of the screen respectively on my computer. If you have dual monitors set up WinKey+Shift+Left/right arrow moves the current window between your two displays

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS