AM Bible Courseware details

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 23 2011 6:53 AM

I've tried to google around on this today: 

Foundation of Biblical Ministry (AM Bible Courseware) - Logos Bible Software http://www.logos.com/product/7878/foundation-of-biblical-ministry

I am discipling a young man who is not in a position to attend Bible college or seminary right now.  As a result I am contemplating getting him into this particular plan of study -but it leaves me with questions....

1. What is included in the packages?  Is it just the syllabus and tests?  or are there Bibles and commentaries included? 
  2. Assuming that the first answer is syllabus and tests... what base level package would at minimum provide the tools necessary to get the most out of this?  I saw a mention for scholars gold somewhere, but really?
  3. How well would I be able to mentor him through the courseware without also owning it?
  4. Is the Courseware fully functioning with L4 now? 

Thanks, and any other information you can provide regarding your own experiences with the AM courseware will be appreciated.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 8:23 AM

Here is some of the information from the introduction for one of the courses:

Most of the books linked throughout this course and in the ‘Opportunities for Deeper Study’ section are part of the Logos Bible Study Library. The following titles referenced in this course are only available in the Scholar’s Library:
  •      Tyndale Bible Dictionary
  •      The New Bible Commentary
  •      Changing Lives Through Preaching and Worship
  •      History of the Christian Church

The following titles cited in this course are not part of the Bible Study Library or Scholar’s Library, but are available for individual purchase:
  •      International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
  •      Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary on the Bible
  •      The New American Commentary: Acts
  •      The New American Commentary: Galatians
  •      You Are My Witnesses
  •      The New Manners and Customs of Bible Times

What is on This CD-ROM?

The CD-ROM contains all of the lessons and exams for the course. A self-check quiz, designed to help you evaluate your progress, follows every lesson. These quizzes contain True/False and Multiple Choice questions based on the factual content of the lessons. There are four exams; one follows every third lesson.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 8:30 AM

Thomas Black:

• What is included in the packages?  Is it just the syllabus and tests?  or are there Bibles and commentaries included? 
  • From this page at MBI:  "Logos Bible Software
    AM runs in the Logos environment. AM provides the course content; Logos provides the search engine and digital library resources."

Thomas Black:
    Is the Courseware fully functioning with L4 now? 

That is what I have been waiting on since Logos 4 was released.

I am also wondering if the courseware is useful for review after the exams have been completed. or if it loses functionality without accessthe  to MBI website.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 349
    Frank Fenby | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2011 7:31 PM

I have been doing a "beta" on the Moody AM courseware for Logos 4. They are self-study guides with graded quizzes and exams. These are taken on-line. Upon successfully completing the course you get (or can get) a certificate. As a Bible professor, I would call these CEU level courses, based on Western Cultural Educations standards. In a missions environment they may be classified differently.

Each course contains numerous scripture references that are hyperlinks. In the "Deeper Study" section of each of the lesson within the course there are hyperlinks to other Logos resources. I have not built a list of all the resources references. It seems that most of them are in the lower priced Logos packages. It seems possible to complete a course without using the "Deeper Study" resources.

There are typically 12 lessons within each course. This means it is possible to work through a course as a small group during a traditional "Sunday School" quarter. Each student would have to take the exams alone.

When the "beta" is complete I think with we will hear more from Logos and Moody.

Posts 8660
    TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2011 8:41 PM

I'm grateful for the feedback guys, especially the preface material Don.  

It sounds like I'm doing alright by comparison just taking him through a few Sys Theo's and mentoring/discipleship along the way.  

I'll keep my eye on the AM courses for the future.

Posts 5842
    DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 28 2011 6:25 AM

Super Tramp:
    I am also wondering if the courseware is useful for review after the exams have been completed. or if it loses functionality without accessthe  to MBI website.

The courseware is useful for review after the exams have been completed.  And you can clear the exam results and do them again if you want. There are review or practice exercises at the end of each lesson (in most courses) and then the actual exam is normally at the end or every third or fourth lesson.

Posts 611
    Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 28 2011 6:35 AM

Thomas Black:
    I am discipling a young man who is not in a position to attend Bible college or seminary right now.

Hi Thomas

To add some variety you might want to look at www.biblicaltraining.org/ there are some seminary level lectures in mp3 format there,

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 8660
    TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 28 2011 10:07 AM

Graham Owen:

Thomas Black:
    I am discipling a young man who is not in a position to attend Bible college or seminary right now.

Hi Thomas

To add some variety you might want to look at www.biblicaltraining.org/ there are some seminary level lectures in mp3 format there,

A GREAT reminder Graham.  And curiously enough I was just on that site before checking the forum just now.  :-)

Posts 8967
    RIP
    Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 28 2011 10:31 AM

Andrew McKenzie:
    The courseware is useful for review after the exams have been completed.  And you can clear the exam results and do them again if you want. There are review or practice exercises at the end of each lesson (in most courses) and then the actual exam is normally at the end or every third or fourth lesson.

Thank you, Andrew. I have been trying to nail that down for many months.  It makes the resource more valuable to me.

Posts 16
    Diron Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 11 2012 1:56 PM

Dr. Fenby,

Hi, I have been reading the forums for information on the AM Bible Courseware.  I read your posts describing your work as a beta tester for this product , but I haven't seen any recent updates from the Logos team.  Do you happen to know the current status of the AM Bible Courseware's integration into Logos 4.5?  I am considering purchasing it, but I don't want to do so if it is not fully compatible with the current version of Logos.

Do you know if the hyperlinks have been fixed and whether or not it is still possible to link a Logos account to the Moody site to upload test results?

Thanks for all the work you've put into testing this and for keeping forum users informed about it.

Posts 20
    KeepOnSavingMe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2013 3:08 PM

i just bought the AM Bible Courseware, and it shows the resources as in the below picture that i took of the screen by choosing alt + print screen, and then pasted into paint. I will try and keep you posted how it works in Logos 5. i also asked them to send the cd in case it works better in libronix.

Posts 8967
    RIP
    Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2013 5:51 AM

Glad you brought this up.

fyi: Logos did update the AM Moody Courseware files. I doubt we will see any problems with it.

I will be interested in any updates you can share.

Posts 20
    KeepOnSavingMe | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2013 11:18 AM

My experience with AM bible software so far has been good in Logos 5. However, when I sent my grades to Moody, it wanted something like my "customer ID" within Libronix. Since I am using it within Logos 5, the only thing I am using is my user name, which is my email.  Will keep you informed of the experience I have with the submission of grades, etc.

Posts 8967
    RIP
    Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2013 2:42 PM

Michael Jackson:
    it wanted something like my "customer ID" within Libronix.

We used to have a "Libronix User ID" on our account page. I just looked for it but couldn't find it. It was there under Logos 4 also. Maybe they dropped it with Logos 5 and overlooked the AM Moody requirements.

Posts 8899
    fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2013 6:30 PM

If you have a paper invoice somewhere, it should have your Customer ID.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8967
    RIP
    Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2013 6:48 PM

fgh:

If you have a paper invoice somewhere, it should have your Customer ID.

Great idea. I have one from last week that hasn't been thrown away.

If you still have Libronix 3 installed click on the Tools menu and then Account Management. A summary box will open and tell you your User ID.

Posts 20
    KeepOnSavingMe | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 23 2013 12:44 AM

AM Bible courseware appears to be working correctly in Logos 5. I just finished my first course, and was able to print a certificate for the "First steps in the Christian Faith" course. I have found that I have most of the resources for the "opportunities for deeper study" section, but I don't have the Moody Handbook of Theology in Logos, but I do have it in my Wordsearch 10 bible program. Wish I knew a way I could get that resource over to Logos so the links would work, but doubt that is possible. I just have to look up the resource on the other program, or pay out another 30 bucks. Should consider myself lucky that I even have the resource.

Blessings,

Lee

Posts 29717
    Forum MVP
    JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 23 2013 4:34 AM

I don't know anything about word search, but there is no way to import it and have it work in Logos automatically. If you were able to convert the book into a Microsoft .docx file, you could import it as a "personal book." Scripture would be hyperlinked automatically, but nothing else. 

Here is a link to the Logos edition. 

http://www.logos.com/product/591/the-moody-handbook-of-theology-paul-enns 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 6
    Glenn Bolden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2013 12:32 PM

Frank I have lost my disk to AM Bible Courseware program, and when I contact logos I down load program but not able to take test, can you help me out if you can. Glen at _____@comcast.net

Posts 6
    Glenn Bolden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2013 12:40 PM

I purchase AM Bible Courseware, some time back and I loss the dis, and when I call logos I was able download programs but can't take the test.I am using logos 4. can you help me are tell me how can I get dis. Logos does not have one and Moody College don't use program any more.

Glen at _________@comcast.net

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS