Logos 4 is amazing!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 89
Randle Bond | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 4 2009 6:24 PM

It must be just me, but I'm like a kid in a candy store with Logos 4.

• All these new ways to do things more efficiently.
  • Seeing more information, more easily. That new information windows is great!
  • Easy data backup
  • Better window management including multiple monitor support
  • Intuitive searching including autocomplete to help me with my bad spelling and speed.... this thing is FAST!
  • Great new resources at bargain basement prices in the upgrade
  • Resource prioritisation and tagging

Sure we're waiting keenly for a number of things, but getting Logos 4 this week was like Christmas early (or late given NICNT/NICOT was my Christmas present in advance). I was expecting to wait until late 2010!

If you don't have time in your schedule now, wait a while until you have a break... but maybe take advantage of the upgrade discount while it lasts Smile

If you don't like change, wait until Q1 or Q2 next year and borrow a copy of "Who moved the cheese?" while you're at it Stick out tongue Because you are going to have to change the way you do a lot of things....

Either way, let's keep the feedback proactive because Logos has obviously listened very closely to their users and we wouldn't want to dishearten them by being unthankful!

Thanks Logos for your great work in enabling me to immerse myself in the Bible that little bit more. I know the fruits will be seen in years to come wherever God takes me in ministry!

Posts 769
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 6:28 PM

It's not just you.

Big Smile

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 6:44 PM

Randle Bond:

• Easy data backup
  • Intuitive searching including autocomplete to help me with my bad spelling and speed.... this thing is FAST!

Sure we're waiting keenly for a number of things, but getting Logos 4 this week was like Christmas early (or late given NICNT/NICOT was my Christmas present in advance). I was expecting to wait until late 2010!

If you don't have time in your schedule now, wait a while until you have a break... but maybe take advantage of the upgrade discount while it lasts Smile

If you don't like change, wait until Q1 or Q2 next year and borrow a copy of "Who moved the cheese?" while you're at it Stick out tongue Because you are going to have to change the way you do a lot of things....

Either way, let's keep the feedback proactive because Logos has obviously listened very closely to their users and we wouldn't want to dishearten them by being unthankful!

Thanks Logos for your great work in enabling me to immerse myself in the Bible that little bit more. I know the fruits will be seen in years to come wherever God takes me in ministry!

Peace and Joy in the Lord to you, Randle!  Your post is much appreciated!

You echo my sentiments exactly, and I want to thank you!                       

Yours in Christ,                                      .............     Mel

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 7:20 PM

I am with you.  It seems so much more usable than 3.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 20
Revk_buddy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 7:38 PM

Randle Bond:

• Easy data backup

Amen! It's finally good to hear some positive feedback. 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 8:00 PM

Randle Bond:

Kid in a candy store.......  Yes, me too.

I'm so impressed I have been talking about all the great design features to my wife. She is not the least bit interested in software design but my enthusiam amuses her.

My favorite Japanese language lexographer had a motto that fits Logos, "To do better what others do well."

This company stands head & shoulders above the rest.. Both in service & design.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 8:11 PM

Randle Bond:
If you don't like change, wait until Q1 or Q2 next year and borrow a copy of "Who moved the cheese?" while you're at it Stick out tongue

So true Big Smile ...having seen what happened amongst the beta crowd it took about 2-3 weeks before everyone got over it being different and started appreciating what it could do...

Randle Bond:

I agree, I felt really privileged to be involved in the beta process and see L4 evolve and grow in response to feedback and suggestions; I don't know of any other company where the CEO will respond to your concerns directly on the forums!

Posts 97
Greg Gray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 8:18 PM

All these new ways to do things more efficiently.

I think this is a great benefit, but also the reason for some complaints.  Users are trying to do their study the same way as in V3.  As soon as I gave up trying to do things the same way and started to use V4 the way its intended - everything changed.

I have never enjoyed studying as much as since I started the Beta process.   I find myself reading more as well (I love reading mode).  It is so much easier to dig deep into a passage.

Sure its annoying not having copy and past for search results, as well as some other less necessary features, and there is a lot of optimizing and tidying up to do - but this starting from scratch with V4 was a great move.  I think even those that are the most skeptical now will look back on this move in 6 months (probably sooner) and view it as the huge step forward.

Posts 0
Daryle Froese | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 8:44 PM

I agree with all the positives stated above - thanks a million Logos! - version 4 is a huge step forward (& a lot of fun to boot)!

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 6:07 AM

Greg Gray:
As soon as I gave up trying to do things the same way and started to use V4 the way its intended - everything changed.

I think, Gregg, that this is the key. I know it worked for me during the beta process.

Charlene

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 6:20 AM

Greg Gray:

I think this is a great benefit, but also the reason for some complaints.  Users are trying to do their study the same way as in V3.  As soon as I gave up trying to do things the same way and started to use V4 the way its intended - everything changed.

I have never enjoyed studying as much as since I started the Beta process.   I find myself reading more as well (I love reading mode).  It is so much easier to dig deep into a passage.

Sure its annoying not having copy and past for search results, as well as some other less necessary features, and there is a lot of optimizing and tidying up to do - but this starting from scratch with V4 was a great move.  I think even those that are the most skeptical now will look back on this move in 6 months (probably sooner) and view it as the huge step forward.

Agree, agree, agree.... Big Smile

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 31
Josh Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 6:26 AM

I agree wholeheartedly. While, I am greatly anticipating the upgrades to 4.0, it is definitely a big step forward. As the Logos team continues to work out the kinks, I think our appreciation will only deepen. Thanks Logos for yet another great product!

Posts 89
Randle Bond | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 4:23 PM

I'm loving this front page as well. I too have been reading resources that I'd forgotten about and really enjoying them! It is bringing out some of the great wisdom buried in my library that I haven't made time to discover before!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS