A Clue?

Page 20 of 22 (425 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next >
This post has 424 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 4:09 PM

Super Tramp:

Now, how long till they ship? Huh? How long?   Huh? Huh? Stick out tongue

Our goal is to be finished and ready to begin shipping around the beginning of September, if not sooner. I believe Stephen Smith will soon be looking for people who are able to review pre-release copies for academic journals or high-profile blogs though...

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 4:13 PM

Praiser:

They are on the PrePub page now!

Hurry and beat the crowds! http://www.logos.com/products/search?Status=Pre-Pub

SEVEN prepubs! Gift Gift Gift Gift Gift Gift Gift  and all of them are FREE!!!

Perseus Renaissance Collection (22 vols.)

The Perseus Renaissance Collection (22 vols.) is a compilation of the history and literature of the British Isles during the English Renaissance period.

Duke Databank of Documentary Papyri (256 vols.)

The Duke Databank of Documentary Papyri (256 vols.) is a collection of rare ancient manuscripts. These documents were written on various forms of writing material including papyri, ostraca, and wood tablets.

Perseus Classics Collection (1,114 vols.)

The Perseus Classics Collection (1,114 vols.) contains works from classical Greek and Roman authors. This massive collection includes important Greek and Latin classics in their original languages; some works have an English translation.

Perseus Arabic Collection (39 vols.)

The Perseus Arabic Collection (39 vols.) brings you two English translations of the Quran and two Arabic-English lexicons. These works will bring you a deeper understanding of the Muslim faith, making this collection perfect for apologetics or comparative studies.

Perseus Civil War and 19th Century American Collection (340 vols.)

The Perseus Civil War and 19-Century American Collection (340 vols.) is a comprehensive collection of works pertaining to the 19th century. It includes records, memoirs, biographies, and histories of people, places, and events.

Beowulf by Garnett, James M.

Beowulf is one of the earliest and greatest epics in history. With its composition dated between the 8th and 11th century, this Old English heroic poem is also regarded as the first important work of Anglo-Saxon literature.

Richmond Times-Dispatch (1,355 vols.) by Richmond Dispatch

The Richmond Times-Dispatch has been the primary daily newspaper of Richmond, Virginia for over the past 150 years. At the time of establishment in 1850, it was one of the very few non-partisan newspapers around and featured relatively unbiased articles.

THANK YOU LOGOS!!!

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 4:21 PM

Super Tramp:
Now, how long till they ship? Huh? How long?   Huh? Huh? Stick out tongue

OK, little fella, stop panting.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 4:23 PM

JRS:
Thank you.  And no sheep got fleeced either Confused

Are you sure?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 4:38 PM

JRS:
Thank you.  And no sheep got fleeced either Confused

Tell that to the Golden sheep in Jason & the Argonauts......

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 927
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 4:58 PM

I'm down the line a little. I took my wife out to dinner and missed the big announcement (after having refreshed the prepub page all day Smile).

Thank you, Logos! I really appreciate this, Dan.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 912
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 5:07 PM

Dan Pritchett:
Our goal is to be finished and ready to begin shipping around the beginning of September, if not sooner. I believe Stephen Smith will soon be looking for people who are able to review pre-release copies for academic journals or high-profile blogs though...

I wonder if you could link Lane lexicon (The Arabic collection) to BDB and HALOT. The references to Lane contain page numbers and it would be very beneficial (I think the total of references in BDB and HALOT is around 300). Even better would be linking all references of Arabic words to Lane (that would be around 4,000 references).

Posts 35
Daniel Luke Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 8:16 PM

Dan Pritchett:

Whoa, that is a fast timeline compared to the other books I've had on pre-pub. I am impressed. 

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 9:25 PM

Super Tramp:

Timothy Ha:

Since you're ready to do that, I now believe it's a great resource, and will wait with great expectations.  Thank you for doing that :-)

Please nobody PM or DM me about it.  I will wait.

I was worried Thomas Black's understatement of "someone is going to be happy" would make many think they would not be in that group.

I won't tell you what it is but I recommend  Daniel Luke Gonzalez 's idea:  Set your home page to the Pre-Pub list sorted by "newest."

Thanks a lot.  Now I have pre-ordered all 7 sets :)

Thanks, Logos. Wrote to my Russian friends and blogged about the sets now.  Maybe you'll get some new customers from Russian-speaking people.

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 174
Derek Browning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 9:33 PM

Awesome! and Thanks Logos!

Now, pardon my ignorance, but now that I've purchased it, and am looking forward to downloading it, what exactly is it, and how does it help with bible-study and/or sermon prep?

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 9:39 PM

Derek Browning:
what exactly is it, and how does it help with bible-study and/or sermon prep?

You might get some insight by reading the latest blog about it.    http://blog.logos.com/

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 9:46 PM

Derek Browning:
Now, pardon my ignorance, but now that I've purchased it, and am looking forward to downloading it, what exactly is it, and how does it help with bible-study and/or sermon prep?

I guess the help is indirect, as with reading of any classics would do.

Now that my Logos library will double, I think I really have something to use until end of life and pass on to children :-)

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 10:02 PM

Thank you Logos, this is sensational. Smile

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 10:29 PM

Derek Browning:

Derek, I was pondering the same question and had to laugh at the thought of American Civil War analogies and references skyrocketing in preaching and sunday school lessons for the last quarter of the year

The most recent Logos Blog entry gives a short explanation on the possibilities of the Perseus collections 

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 11:03 PM

Paul Newsome:

Derek, I was pondering the same question and had to laugh at the thought of American Civil War analogies and references skyrocketing in preaching and sunday school lessons for the last quarter of the year

How about a sermon on the Acharnians?  Devil

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.01.0240%3Acard%3D1

george
gfsomsel

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 11:43 PM

Wow, that's big! Thank you Logos. Yes 3000 times...

Bohuslav

Posts 184
lostlogik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 12:04 AM

It would be interesting, in an amusing way, to know how far down the line I am with my order.

Posts 386
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 1:59 AM

Derek Browning:

Derek,

I think your question is spot on... I also wonder...How will I use these new resources in my Bible study?  These new resources seem very esoteric, and don't think that I would typically have much use for them in my own study.  However, I have still placed these on Pre-Pub and I don't want to be ungrateful, but, I am contemplating on the amount of space required for these resources and weather it is worth downloading to my library?  I don't want to download 3000 plus resources that could slow down my critical resources I use on a regular basis.

I know there will be some healthy discussions on the forum, so I look forward to reading the pro's and con's of these resources.  But, regardless of my personal opinion on my usage, thank you Logos for making these available at no cost!

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 2:45 AM

When logos considered the offer of making these resources available (especially the civil war sets) it should perhaps have considered that just because you can do something it does not mean that you should do that thing. Logos should be very protective of it's image and purpose, I am uncertain where it is going with this development.

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 2:52 AM

Mike Pettit:
it should perhaps have considered that just because you can do something it does not mean that you should do that thing

Your comment is quite serious.

I hope Logos will answer soon.  I like the Civil War thing in the library, although I am not American.  But as a company for Bible study tools and Christian books, perhaps, Logos has some vision and direction for creating new resources.

May be somebody in the management can help us understand.

Thanks for big library anyway!

Page 20 of 22 (425 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > | RSS