collections in Passage Guide

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2009 12:26 AM

a brief background: back in v3 I picked several collections to display in the Passage Guide (one was Lucado - mainly for his wonderful illustrations and several other favorite authors).

in v4 it appears that I can only pick 1 collection or resort to creating a separate collection encompassing several other collections (does it make sense?)

Anyway, is there (will there be) a way to select several collections in the Passage Guide in v4?

Vladimir

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 1:26 AM

VladimirLukyanov:

in v4 it appears that I can only pick 1 collection or resort to creating a separate collection encompassing several other collections (does it make sense?)

Anyway, is there (will there be) a way to select several collections in the Passage Guide in v4?

Hi Vladimir,

If you click on Guides, and then click on Make a New Guide Template, Collections appear on the left. I just clicked on Collections and it is added in the right pane. The default comes up as Collection:All Resources, but you can use the down arrow to select which collection you want.

Then I just repeat this process as many times as needed until I have all the collections in the right pane that I want searched and give this new template a name. Then you are "good to go"!

I think this will do what you want to do!

Charlene

Posts 9
Scot Tomlinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 5 2010 6:03 PM

So, if I created a Collection of Illustrations,  I can't make it work in the default Passage Guide?  I just want to see those stories and illustrations in the Passage Guide.

HP - Pavilion Desktop

AMD A6-3620 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.20 GHz

64 bit Windows 7

6GB Memory

1TB Hard Drive

Windows 7 Ultimate

Posts 26967
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 5 2010 7:50 PM

Creating your own template with a name starting "My ....." ensures it will appear in the right click menu. See http://wiki.logos.com/Guides

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 19276
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 5 2010 9:08 PM

Scot Tomlinson:

So, if I created a Collection of Illustrations,  I can't make it work in the default Passage Guide?  I just want to see those stories and illustrations in the Passage Guide.

Yes, as Dave pointed out you can create a custom guide called "My Passage Guide" and then this one will be the default PG that comes up from everywhere in the program that automatically launches a PG. You can still launch the built-in one if you like (it will still be "Passage Guide" on the Guides menu).

If you just want those stories and illustrations and nothing else in your PG, then start with a blank guide template and only add this one Collections section to it.

Posts 9
Scot Tomlinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 6 2010 7:10 AM

Thanks Dave and Rosie, works like a CHARM!

HP - Pavilion Desktop

AMD A6-3620 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.20 GHz

64 bit Windows 7

6GB Memory

1TB Hard Drive

Windows 7 Ultimate

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS