Permanently Deleting Books from Logos 4 Library

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 17
Jack H. Hughes | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 2 2011 2:26 PM

I have been collecting books for many years (since 1991 beta version). In earlier versions of Logos you could select the books you wanted to install into your library thereby saving hard drive space.

Now I have Logos 4. I have upgraded again and there are many more resources on my computer I will never use and would like to get rid of once for all so they don't take up hard drive space on my lap top, so they don't clutter up my searches, and so my "book of the day" notification on my home page doesn't tell me about some obscure Greek fragment. 

What would be the best way to, let's say, permanently delete 200 different resources from my library so they don't keep showing up even if I get a new computer and reload all my books? 

Thanks for any advice,

Jack

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2011 2:38 PM

If you hide them (by dragging them one at a time to the hidden resources section of the Settings window), then they are removed from your computer.

The hidden resources setting is synced to the cloud, and so, when you create a fresh installation, the hidden books won't be downloaded.

http://wiki.logos.com/Hiding_Books

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 3651
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2011 2:59 PM

Todd Phillips:

If you hide them (by dragging them one at a time to the hidden resources section of the Settings window), then they are removed from your computer.

The hidden resources setting is synced to the cloud, and so, when you create a fresh installation, the hidden books won't be downloaded.

http://wiki.logos.com/Hiding_Books

The other option would be to give away books that were not purchased as part of a collection.  You can transfer ownership of 1 book (or your whole library) for $20.  Do you know a deserving seminary student that could make use of some or all those resources you are ready to get rid of?

Books that are part of a collection cannot be given away, unless you give away the entire collection.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS