Hebrew text (AFAT, BHS) "disappears"

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2009 3:34 AM

Every now and then AFAT and/or BHS views just go "blank".  That is, the windows show up but are entirely blank, as shown below.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Also, when the Hebrew text displays, only BHS shows accent marks (AFAT shows vowels but no accent marks).

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 3:40 AM

Nope..mine works fine

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 4:45 AM

For what its worth, the Hebrew text seems to "come and go" - now and then it disappears, and then it sometimes "reappears", usually after a search or when I scroll the English text (with Hebrew text "linked").  Only AFAT reappears - BHS is continually blank.

Posts 9070
LogosEmployee

StuartRobertson:

Every now and then AFAT and/or BHS views just go "blank".  That is, the windows show up but are entirely blank, as shown below.

We had this problem a few years ago in LDLS3, and it turned out to be caused by having two versions of the "SBL Hebrew" font installed. If this is the cause of your problem, I think it can be fixed by deleting both (from the Windows Fonts folder), then reinstalling from http://www.sbl-site.org/educational/BiblicalFonts_SBLHebrew.aspx.

Other than that, what OS do you have; and have you tried picking a different default Hebrew font using Tools > Program Settings?

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 8:14 AM

Do you happen to have have Bibleworks 7 on board?  I have had blank pages with my BHS/WM4.2 in L4 and after 45 minutes long distance call (I live in Hong Kong Sad) to Logos support, we've nailed down the problem to a conflict with some ?scripting bug in BW7.  The problem was fixed after updating all possible modules in BW7 and restarting computer.

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 9:17 AM

Yes, I have BW 7 installed - it's up to date (I just checked).   I'll try a reboot (seems to fix most things in Windows).

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 11:14 AM

I did have two versions of SBL Hebrew installed - file named SBL_Hebrew.ttf and the other named SBL_Hbrw.ttf.  I deleted both and replaced them with the latest file (named SBL_Hbrw.ttf) downloaded from the SBL web-site.  But the problem remains...

Any other suggestions will be welcomed.

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 12:53 PM

Are all the modules updated?  I mean the bibles not the main program file - even the ones you don't use but whose updates are there. Smile 

It didn't make sense to me at first but when I got them updated that fixed the problem.

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:04 PM

That's a good point - I never thought to check...  there are probably some modules that I don't use.  I'll see how far I get and will post my findings.  Thanks for the pointer.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS