Updated to Beta from Stable Release

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 15
Stephen Koehn | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 6 2011 7:50 PM | Locked

I am a Logos 4 user on Mac (Lion) and I had been interested in testing with the Beta. I had considered creating another user on my Mac or trying the RC3 on my wife's Mac. I decided to set my current update channel to "beta" and was able to download the latest release.

Is anything else necessary regarding the resources? Would it have been better to completely delete Logos 4 and restart with RC3, or is setting the update channel to beta and downloading the latest release sufficient?

Thanks!

Stephen

Posts 6699
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 7:54 PM | Locked

Stephen I cannot speak for macs, but as a window user, the only thing that we do is click on the link for the beta download if it does not auto download. No need to delete windows.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2011 8:13 PM | Locked

Stephen Koehn:
Is anything else necessary regarding the resources? Would it have been better to completely delete Logos 4 and restart with RC3, or is setting the update channel to beta and downloading the latest release sufficient?

Setting update channel is sufficient.  Option: can use command set update channel to stable to receive future stable updates.

Also could have used wiki Mac Troubleshooting => Update Error steps to manually update Logos 4 Mac (personally used to upgrade 4.2b SR-1 to 4.3 Beta 11).

During Logos 4.3 Beta development cycle, to fix one search result issue, needed to use rebuild bible index command.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS