I need my BCP!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
Chris Myers | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 9 2011 6:34 PM

Come on Episcopalians, Anglicans, and compassionate fellow travelers!  Let's get this one going:

http://www.logos.com/product/9556/book-of-common-prayer-collection

I've got a maximum bid active on this.  Please help a brother out.

Posts 26303
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 7:37 PM

I bid high the first day.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 119
Scot Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 8:47 PM

MJ. Smith:

I bid high the first day.

As did I. A great resource to go along with these would be "Prayer Book Parallels-The Public Services of the Church arranged for Comparative Study" By Paul Marshall under the Anglican Liturgy in America Series. Two Volumes.  It compares in columns (much like a Gospel Harmony) the following English and American Prayer books: 1662, 1786 (proposed) 1789-1871, 1892, 1928, and 1979. It is a fascinating study, published by the old Church Hymnal Corporation.

Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2011 10:12 AM

I've bid but not sure there are enough people interested... in truth with the Daily office released, I have as much as I really need now but it would still be nice to have...of course it would be nice to have the Book of Alternative Services Canada too... ;)

-Dan

Posts 986
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2011 10:25 AM

I would really like this collection, at a low price.  Will come in handy when studying the big ArchBish (Dr. Cranmer).

Posts 184
lostlogik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2011 11:35 AM

I am potentially interested in this but all I really want is the BCP as used by Anglican church in England now. There are so many variants in this collection but I can't see what I'm after. Is it a "wood for trees" scenario?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS