Personal Book Builder

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2011 10:56 PM

Andrew Mackie:

Let users point Logos to a directory that contains PDFs that they'd like to access via Logos and import them all automatically (without need to give each of them title and author information). This will allow us a powerful environment in which we can search for a bible passage in Logos, say, and see *all* of the PDFs that refer to that passage. If we then open one of those PDFs within Logos, *then* we can mark it by title and author so it appears as a PBB and in the library.

This will give us more power, greater use of the resources that we already own and minimize the amount of effort to use Logos as our central repository of biblical content (which is what Logos wants, right?).

Option: can vote for Logos User Voice suggestion => http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4/suggestions/1096505-pdf-docx-files?ref=title (currently 32nd ranked with 82 votes).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 20
Andrew Mackie | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2011 11:02 PM

Excellent! It has my three votes. Thanks.

Posts 1
An-yu Tsai | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2011 11:41 PM

There is a good work around if you have Adobe Acrobat (not Acrobat Reader).  My Adobe Acrobat which is version 8, can convert to Word *.doc format.  I convert this first, open it with my Word 2007, and saved it as *.docx (which is what the Logos book builder required), and then build the book successfully.  The build is not perfect, with some wrong margins, but very readable, no text missing, and easier to read than reading it from PDF because of the very neat font, and can bookmark it, make notes on it, scripture popups, etc. 

Posts 222
Bob Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 5:17 AM

John - for those of us not able to make that time, will a recording of the webinar be available on your site afterwards?

River of Life Church: http://LifeOverflowing.org

Visit my blog: http://LifeOverflowing.org/pastor

Posts 19
Bob Rockhill | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 5:34 PM

I just checked and Pages only can save to .doc, not dock. For those of us who don't use Word, I guess we're in a bind here. Would be easier if it were just .doc since so many Mac programs can save to that.

Posts 25
garretwnagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 9:02 PM

Are there any databases of good quality PBB public domain authors such as Luther, Calvin, etc?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 11:17 PM

Bob Rockhill:

I just checked and Pages only can save to .doc, not dock. For those of us who don't use Word, I guess we're in a bind here. Would be easier if it were just .doc since so many Mac programs can save to that.

Observation: TextEdit can save to docx (included with OS X)..  LibreOffice is free for Mac and can save as docx.  Also, NeoOffice can write docx.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 29589
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 4:32 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
 Observation: TextEdit can save to docx (included with OS X)..  LibreOffice is free for Mac and can save as docx.  Also, NeoOffice can write docx.

KS4J - Two questions:

1) Do you think TextEdit's ability to save as .docx is new in 10.7? If so, hopefully .docx will be coming to pages soon! (I keep waiting for another update before I purchase it again).

2) Have you tried to save a document as a LibreOffice as .docx? I do not have the program, but I spent some time yesterday looking at their website. The only thing I definitive thing I saw was that it could read these files. I don't want to direct people there if it can't deliver Wink

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 7:55 AM

alabama24:
1) Do you think TextEdit's ability to save as .docx is new in 10.7?

Snow Leopard (10.6) TextEdit 1.6 can save as docx.

alabama24:
2) Have you tried to save a document as a LibreOffice as .docx?

For grins, copied Philippians 4:4 from Logos 4.3 on Mac with 4 Interlinear lines displayed, then pasted into TextEdit (above) and LibreOffice 3.4.2 (below with Save As choice for docx):

Observation: selecting "sentence" before Philippians 4:4 in Lexham Discourse Greek New Testament changes Logos 4.3 reference to Philippians 4:3-4

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 542
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 10:54 AM

Just started using the Personal Book feature instead of the notes feature. I am pleasantly surprised at the power and the possibilities of PB. 

Bob Deacon

Surface Pro 6

MacBook Air (2017) Big Sur

Ipad Air 2 (ios 9.7 (0014)

Samsung A50 (9.7 907000152)

Posts 665
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2011 6:09 PM

I made a small book with personal book builder.  I included a pic that I took by taking a snapshot in a pdf file and pasting it into my Word document.  Everything looked fine in the Word document but when I created the book the pic didn't come through.  Does anyone know how I can copy a pic etc from a pdf and make it appear in a personal book?  Thanks for your help.

Posts 24889
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2011 11:27 PM

Hi Michael - and welcome to the forums

There have been a number of issues in including pictures in Personal Books.

Check that your picture is set to have "In Line" Text Wrapping. For this - and other useful tips about Personal Books - please see http://wiki.logos.com/Personal_Books#Hints_and_Tips (and the complete article).

Hope this helps

Graham

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS