Default Lectionary in Logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 67
Aaron | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:01 AM

Alright, in my feeble attempt to help someone else to get rid of the Lectionary off the home page, I recognized that I do not know how to set the 'default' Lectionary.  I do not want to use the Catholic Lectionary, but the United Methodist one.  Has anyone figured out how to do this?  Thanks!

-Aaron

Grace and Peace,

-Rev. Aaron Kesson

http://www.aaronkesson.com

Posts 2011
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:02 AM

Aaron,

find the lectionary you want in the library. right click. prioritize this resource.

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:03 AM

Aaron:

Alright, in my feeble attempt to help someone else to get rid of the Lectionary off the home page, I recognized that I do not know how to set the 'default' Lectionary.  I do not want to use the Catholic Lectionary, but the United Methodist one.  Has anyone figured out how to do this?  Thanks!

-Aaron

Peace and Joy in the Lord to you, Aaron.

Just simply "prioritize" (in your library) the United Methodist lectionary higher than the (Roman) Catholic Lectionary.

*smile*

Yours in Christ,

......   Mel

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 106
Donald G. Fisher | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:03 AM

And what about the Baptist Lectionary? 

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:07 AM

DonaldGFisher:

Hi, Don!           *smile*

Haven't seen one yet!               Maybe you know something I don't know???    Peace and Joy in the Lord to YOU!

Yours in Christ,

Mel

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 106
Donald G. Fisher | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:13 AM

Mel,

None that I know of either, unless you count John MacArthur's devotional.  Smile

Blessings,

don

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:19 AM

In a very broad sense, that would be a type of lectionary chosen by you!

BTW, what are you doing with the space on the ribbon occupied by a lectionary?

........   Mel

Posts 2108
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:56 AM

DonaldGFisher:

I know you meant that as a joke, but I've been thinking about this for a long time.  We should write one.  Baptist  should get together and come up with one. Why not.

Maybe when I get my GoogleWave invite I'll start a wave about it.

Posts 2108
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 6:07 AM

Damian McGrath:

Aaron,

find the lectionary you want in the library. right click. prioritize this resource.

This doesn't do it for me.

I prioritized the Christian Worship One Year and stil the Catholic is ranked number one and shows up on ribbon

Posts 1336
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 6:16 AM

Re: Baptist Lectionary.

My Dad is a Baptist, and his congregation uses the Revised Common Lectionary.  If it aint broke, don't fix it.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 2108
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 1:31 PM

Can anyone else confirm that rank doesn't change the lectionary on the Home page or am I alone on that?

Posts 1336
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 1:39 PM

Back in Beta 1 the lectionary was determined by rating.  Since then it has been by prioritized books.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 3173
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:00 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:
Can anyone else confirm that rank doesn't change the lectionary on the Home page

Hi Kevin,

After changing the priority of the lectionary, did you close & restart Logos? I can confirm that it DOESN'T change the lectionary while L4 is open. But when I closed L4 & restart it, the lectionary DOES change to the expected lectionary. I was able to change back & forth from RCL & Catholic. Apparently, it's only loaded on startup.

To me, this feels like a bug... but it does have a one-time workaround to get it the way we want it working.

Bill

The Grace & Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you!
Bill

W8.1 64bit, Office 2010
i7, 2.40GHz, 1Gb graphics, 8Gb RAM, 512Gb Samsung 850 Pro SSD
HTC One M8, Android 5.0.1

Posts 5
Frank Harford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 12:50 PM

As I read these comments I have not seen the answer to the question "How do I make the lectionary disappear from the ribbon on my homepage?"  I never use it.  Is it possible to replace it with something else?  I haven't figured out what I'd put there yet...any ideas?

Posts 2108
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 12:57 PM

The answer is that you can't.

Posts 5337
Forum MVP
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 1:28 PM

FrankHarford:

As I read these comments I have not seen the answer to the question "How do I make the lectionary disappear from the ribbon on my homepage?"  I never use it.  Is it possible to replace it with something else?  I haven't figured out what I'd put there yet...any ideas?

Try hiding all of your lectionaries in the Program settings.

Posts 2011
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 1:29 PM

FrankHarford:

If you hide all the lectionaries, they will no longer appear on the ribbon

Posts 3173
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 2:54 PM

Damian McGrath:

FrankHarford:

If you hide all the lectionaries, they will no longer appear on the ribbon

But I haven't seen anyone report a way to get anything on the ribbon itself, only on the shortcut area....

The Grace & Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you!
Bill

W8.1 64bit, Office 2010
i7, 2.40GHz, 1Gb graphics, 8Gb RAM, 512Gb Samsung 850 Pro SSD
HTC One M8, Android 5.0.1

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS