Sound off request for Beta testers

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:17 AM

We have answered a lot of peoples concerns with "hang in there, your gonna love it." I think we need to show how much we believe this by putting our money where our mouth is. we beta testers were given a nice "thank you" gift for our help in testing the product. This gift left L4 totally functional without putting another dime into it. We would not have paid for anything if we did not genuinely believe the product was worth it.

My request is for beta testers to report if they made or did not make an upgrade after L4 was released. I upgraded from L4 Gold to L4 platinum at $300 and would have paid $500.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:21 AM

Philip,

I did not upgrade....but NOT because I didn't like something about the product...in fact...I love it...it's just that I HAPPENED to purchase separately many of the resources in the Gold version and what was left didn't interest me and my feeble budget...

Had I not done that...I'd have upgraded for the 323.00 and been a happy camper...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 118
Kenneth Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:21 AM

I would gladly upgrade from Gold to Portfolio but can not afford to. I am hoping to come up with 155.00 to upgrade to platinum, but I just dropped over a grand in NICOT/NT and have some prepubs coming out too. Hard to keep up. So, for ow, I would if I could.

Mac Pro 13 Retina 8GB, 256 flash 

Posts 604
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:29 AM

I upgraded from Gold to Portfolio for $727 + tax. Big Smile

Posts 25
Steve Cheek | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:32 AM

I upgraded from Gold to Platinum and love it.  I too had bought several of the resources but found the deal to be very good. 

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:38 AM

I upgraded from Gold to Platinum already and am hoping that God will provide the means to upgrade to Portfolio!

Charlene

Posts 26953
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:46 AM

I'm definitely tempted!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 6:01 AM

I upgraded from Gold to Platinum - $250 and added HALOT to round out what I have in balance with what I can afford.

I think L4 is a vastly superior product. Morph and Syntax searching did it for me -- much superior and easier.

Chris

Posts 5622
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 6:32 AM

I gave in and upgraded from Gold to Platinum for $232--although I already owned everything in platinum I wanted except for Charles Simeon and Robertson's grammar.  (I'm not sure I saved anything over the original prepub prices for those resources, but it was a bargain over the current price).  The other new resources will be nice to have for checking references, but it's not stuff I'd use for primary sources.

Anyone want to buy BECNT, Pillar, or BDAG?.................JUST KIDDING!!! ok? OK?

I had been able to check out some of Simeon's commentary in Google books, and had found enough useful info for a study I was working on that convinced me it was worth having.  He's good for theological reflection (better than Matthew Henry I think--if we're gonna compare historical commentaries).

One of my favorite features of v4 is the new windowing style.  I never have to fiddle with window placement again. That plus the full index makes v4 a superior product.  (And I say that in spite of the fact that UI is slower for me than v3--although startup and collection creation are much faster than v3).

Oh, and I love clippings!

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 34
John Fallahee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 7:01 AM

I am definitely upgrading! The more books, the more powerful the search results become!

Searching large volumes of information is fast and easy in Logos 4. 

For the first time, it is possible to find something in that dark, digital corner of my ever growing digital library - really fast!

No longer am I forced to use collections to search smaller groups of books, though still a handy feature. I just search the whole library each time, refining my query along the way with AND or ANDNOT search terms.

For example, I started with God from the home page 5+ million hits, 867,000+ articles.

Then I refined the search: god AND title:theology (found 228 hits, 24 articles) (Note:title searches the title of the article) (Note I simply added the capitalized AND)

Then I refined my saerch a third time: god AND title:theology AND satan (99 hits, in 1 Article).

Have fun!

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 7:04 AM

John,

thanks for that tip...I never thought of that!

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 7:05 AM

I upgraded from Gold to Portfolio for $1299 (including DVD to be shipped to me by First Class Mail) Smile

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 7:11 AM

Good Idea Philip,

I just purchased NICOT/NICNT so I have to put off the upgrade from gold to platinum, but I have every intention of making that move ASAP.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 1142
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 7:13 AM

I am planning on upgrading from Gold to Platinum in the next couple of weeks. 

Posts 97
Greg Gray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 7:14 AM

I upgraded from Leaders to scholar silver and am loving the new resources as well as the program.

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 7:25 AM

Although I had HALOT/BDAG and a few commentaries already, I didn't hesitate to upgrade my Gold Edition to Platinum one minute. No turning back for me :-)

Bohuslav

Posts 3744
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 8:20 AM

Hi Philip,

I upgraded from Gold to Platinum. Would like to have gone to Portfolio but $ prevents...

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 8:22 AM

yep I upgraded mine to platinum also, was a tough choice as I am currently out of work. but is worth every cent

I only use v4 now, and havent really missed anything from v3.

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 9:42 AM

I view my Logos collection as a Reference Library and so I have a large number of resources that I have accumulated over the years (6067 unlocked in LBS3 as well as about 1291 locked).  As a result, I got a very good deal for me, $77 to upgrade to Platinum and $727 to upgrade to Portfolio.  It didn't take long to make up my mind to upgrade to Portfolio - while it contains a few things I wouldn't normally buy, just a quick review of the additions I did want made up my mind.  While I didn't do a full inventory, the addition of Simeon's Commentary at $489.95 and the Hermeneutics Collection for $649.95 were enough of an incentive for me.  With less than half of the new additions calculated, the amount was well over $2500 in additional resources.  Add to that the option of making the payments over 12 months at about $65US made it a no-brainer for me.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 10:45 AM

Philip Spitzer:
My request is for beta testers to report if they made or did not make an upgrade after L4 was released. I upgraded from L4 Gold to L4 platinum at $300 and would have paid $500.
I am hoping to upgrade by Christmas and asking my family to donate to the cause.  

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS