Bible reference pop-up: source language + translation

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 221
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 13 2011 8:53 AM

Sometimes I read a grammar or lexicon and want to see a bible reference in Greek. Other times I just need to see the text in translation. I know that I can simply change my preferred translation on my homepage and get the text I want in the pop-up. But often I would rather have the two together: let's say the Greek text and my preferred translation in one pop-up box. Something like this:

Is this possible in the current version of Logos? If not, would more people be interested in such a thing?

Posts 8112
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 12:26 PM

Prioritise the NIV and the UBS4 (and up to three other Bibles that you'd like to see side-by-side) as your top Bibles.

When hovering over a Bible reference in a resource, press F7 to open "instant compare", which will show up to your top five Bibles side-by-side. See also http://wiki.logos.com/Text_Comparison#When_hovering_in_a_Bible

Posts 221
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 1:03 PM

Hi Bradley, thanks for your reply. True, this comes close to what I was looking for. Question for you: is it not possible to limit the amount of versions that show up?When I am hovering over a bible reference, I only need the Greek text and one translation. My ideal would be that I wouldn't need to press F7 to view these two. Or that I could limit the list to just 2 versions. Any thoughts?

Posts 221
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 1:18 PM

I found another way that could work.  I opened the Text Comparison in a small fixed panel, containing my Greek text and one translation. I have linked this panel to my top-Bible (NA27 in this case). Whenever I click on a bible reference, it will automatically show the reference in Greek and translation.  

But it's not very useful while reading resources in full screen view. That's why I asked for an expanded hoover-popup (2 versions) or limited F7-box (2 instead of 5 versions). 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 7:22 PM

Another option is setting send Hyperlinks to one resource (e.g. Lexham Discourse Greek New Testament) that is linked to another Bible, which allows right click menu to be used in linked resources (along with visual filters and highlighting).  Clicking reference in BDAG changes LDGNT location and linked NIV location:

By the way, Lexham Analytical Lexicon to the Greek New Testament includes cognate words.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS