ARGH!!!!!!! Inadvertently Highlighted a Bible chapter ARGH!!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 13 2011 11:15 AM

Just venting...and really wishing this feature existed.

I selected a Bible chapter I was working on, then tried to use some Logos tools...but while typing "Jeremiah" into one of them something went wrong after typing "J" and windows' focus left that tool...but I was still typing, so Logos dutifully applied my keyboard shortcuts for Highlighting to the selected text.  

And now, instead of having this:

I have this:

And it will take me about an hour--based on experience--to rebuild my highlighting.

Luckily for me, my tablet was off-line at the time and I can use it as an offline reference to manually rebuild what I had.

Still, ARGH!!!!  Really wish there was a Highlighting Undo!  Please help me out; cast your vote at UserVoice.

Posts 8006
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 12:44 PM

Right-click "Then" at the beginning of Jer 42:1, choose "Selection" on the context menu, then choose "Remove highlighting" on the left. The big purply-red highlight will be removed without erasing anything else.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 1:35 PM

I went ahead and added this tip onto the Wiki on the Highlighting page.

Posts 8006
LogosEmployee

Thanks!

BTW, it doesn't have to be the first word--it can be any region (as small as one character). The entirety of all highlights that are applied to the selection you right-click on will be removed. (So, you just want to pick a word/character that doesn't have any highlights you want to keep.)

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 6:19 PM

Thanks Bradley for reading it over, I corrected the wiki entry to be more accurate in what should be clicked.

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 7:23 PM

Bradley Grainger:

Right-click "Then" at the beginning of Jer 42:1, choose "Selection" on the context menu, then choose "Remove highlighting" on the left. The big purply-red highlight will be removed without erasing anything else.

Wow!  T H A N K S !!  Geeked

While I already rebuilt that one by hand, I get socked by the over selection bug often enough that this tip will really come in handy/be a huge timesaver--especially when I'm in a rush and highlight faster than I see Logos make textual selections.  Huge plus that it doesn't remove the same highlighter applied elsewhere within the effected range.

Big Smile

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 8:32 PM

Ward I thought a pirate had hijacked your account when I read your title!  Glad to see there's a workaround

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 14 2011 9:27 PM

Paul Newsome:

Ward I thought a pirate had hijacked your account when I read your title!  Glad to see there's a workaround

I think the pirate hijacked my keyboard...

.-" .-. "-.
            _/ '=(0.0)=' \_
          /`   .='|m|'=.   `\
          \________________ /
      .--.__///`'-,__~\\\\~`
     / /6|__\// a (__)-\\\\
     \ \/--`((   ._\   ,)))
     /  \\  ))\  -==-  (O)(
    /    )\((((\   .  /)))))
   /  _.' /  __(`~~~~`)__
  //"\\,-'-"`   `~~~~\\~~`"-.
 //  /`"              `      `\
//

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2011 2:33 PM

I just goofed up a highlighting in a selection with other highlighting, some of it the same style...but with this nifty feature, I rapidly recovered.

... just had to give the coder of this feature a shout out of thanks!...again!  Geeked

Posts 18
F. Allen Rasnake | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2011 2:41 PM

Looks like you just highlighted the important parts. Big Smile

Posts 27674
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2011 2:46 PM

Ward Walker:
just had to give the coder of this feature a shout out of thanks!

I have used this a couple of times since you helped us discover it by your original accident. Big Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS