Crash whilst updating to 4.3 SR1

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 34 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 25741
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 19 2011 7:50 AM

Welcome Michele,

Michele Miner:

Mine just crashed again. It did it yesterday, worked fine a few times in between, then crashed when I opened it just now.

Yea, I just crashed. But let's be certain yours is the same crash. Find and attach logos4Crash.txt in \Logos Log Files\ in either your \Temp folder or  \Documents folder.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 19 2011 7:58 AM

I continue to have crashes. When I have been away from Logos for some time, the next startup causes a crash. An immediate attempt to restart it is always successful.

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 19 2011 1:25 PM

Apologies.  I've been informed that the trouble item wasn't disabled until sometime this morning, and it is possible that it may be cached on some users' machines.  That being said, the issue shouldn't reoccur multiple times for the same login on the same computer at this point.

Posts 60
Bruce | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 19 2011 6:55 PM

Since resetting to run as admin. I have not had any further problems at start up. In addition, the update (4.3 SR-1) installed just fine. Big Smile Sorry to hear y'all are still having problems. Sad

Posts 25741
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2011 5:41 AM

Bruce:
Sorry to hear y'all are still having problems. Sad

Sorry to hear you may have problems with the next software updateSad (running as Admin is not recommended).

It may be coincidental your running as Admin, because I successfully received a small notification window when starting 4.3; which is something new.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 11
Paul E. Zetterholm | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2011 7:10 PM

I had the same error message when running the inprogram update.  When I checked the Owner (as per the fix) it showed that my own user name was the owner already.  So I changed the owner (which really didn't change anything from my perspective, but apparently it did from the computer's perspective).  Once I executed that change, the update ran flawlessly.  Don't know if this variation helps.  Thanx for the tip.

In Christ,

Paul

Posts 25741
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2011 7:40 PM

Paul E. Zetterholm:

I had the same error message when running the inprogram update.  When I checked the Owner (as per the fix) it showed that my own user name was the owner already.  So I changed the owner (which really didn't change anything from my perspective, but apparently it did from the computer's perspective).  Once I executed that change, the update ran flawlessly.  Don't know if this variation helps.  Thanx for the tip.

Bruce's problem with access to dll files was unrelated to the spate of crashes most people reported here, so your fix was coincidental as the main problem was Logos' to fix and I believe that has happened (as I stated above).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 6
Rich James | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 5 2011 2:51 PM

I have not use logos in a while but found a crash from august 18, 2011. So now I cannot access  Logos at all. Can any one help. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it did not work. It says Logos is up to date  but i STILL CANNOT USE IT. help

Posts 25741
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 5 2011 3:32 PM

kyle brown:

I have not use logos in a while but found a crash from august 18, 2011. So now I cannot access  Logos at all. Can any one help. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it did not work. It says Logos is up to date  but i STILL CANNOT USE IT. help

First enable logging http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging -->then try to start Logos4 and upload logs as stated in the wiki.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 6
Rich James | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 5 2011 4:09 PM

David

Thanks for your reply. But my problems is more that that. I don't have an Icon to start Logos 4 in and it only shows only 4 gigs on my hard drive which should show almost 26gigs. I cannot even start Logos.That is why I was re installing Logos. When reinstall I get an error message saying the package is bad. Please help

Posts 28371
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 5 2011 5:09 PM

Kyle - 

If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you have WAY TOO MUCH on your hard drive. I am not a hyper techie guy. Perhaps others can chime in as well. In my personal experience, I seem to notice a drop off in performance when my hard drive gets to be much more than half full. If you only have 4 GB left, you have a serious issue.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 894
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 5 2011 7:13 PM

alabama24:

Kyle - 

If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you have WAY TOO MUCH on your hard drive. I am not a hyper techie guy. Perhaps others can chime in as well. In my personal experience, I seem to notice a drop off in performance when my hard drive gets to be much more than half full. If you only have 4 GB left, you have a serious issue.

Kyle, When a hard drive is more than 80% full, you move from the realm of performance issues to serious reliability issues.  Its doubtful that you even have enough room left on the drive to optimize it.  I highly recommend that you do some cleanup by trimming browser logs and history, emptying the recycle bin, removing old personal data files that you haven't touched in a long time and/or can't recall what they are, remove old compressed files from downloads, old archives, and perhaps most effective: delete applications that you no loner need or installed just to see if they might be interesting.

There are a number of applications that can help you with this process, many of them are commercial, but some are actually free.  You can find free utilities such as Glary Utilities on www.download.com, or excellent commercial apps like Auslotics Boostspeed.  However, the standard disclaimers apply.... before you do anything, be sure to make a full backup of your system.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 6
Rich James | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 5 2011 7:13 PM

Let me clear that up I only have 4 gigs of logos showing up when there should be 26 gigs. My hard drive is 500 gig and 1T external.

Posts 6
Rich James | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 5 2011 7:17 PM

Logos not showing up is my problem. I cant run most of your suggest because its not there. It is in my programs(change and uninstall) but no where else. That's my problem

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 5 2011 10:28 PM

kyle brown:
When reinstall I get an error message saying the package is bad. Please help

Option: uninstall Logos 4, then => Download current stable Logos 4 setup (4.3 SR-2), followed by installing again.

Wiki has => Quick Installation onto multiple computers page.

Also curious which version of Windows ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS