A personal book of your library

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 17 2011 6:19 AM

You can go to www.logos.com/contents/ (your package name) and see a Logos listing of your books.  Copy it from English Bibles on down and paste it into Word 2010 and it not only lists your resources, but it builds the table of contents automatically.  Then add commentary sets, dictionaries, etc. you have purchased separately and give it a title and you have a basic book of your library which you can edit or print.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 6:31 AM

Peace and Joy, Jerry!  This day and always!                                                       *smile*

That is a truly great idea!                          Indeed!

Must try that very soon!

Just wondering. ...     if one uses Word columns like a mini-excel ...            and  ... if one puts some of the prices one paid for extra resources        besides the package      ......

and one has Word columns total those prices,

then  ..........                 would Personal Book Authoring pick up the mathematics involved?

Hardly, I would think, but it's a great thought     ...........          especially when it comes time for me to "bequeath" my Library to another  ....

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 6:31 AM

Pretty neat Jerry!

You could also add hyperlinks to each book to be able to click on a book title to open it in L4 (although it would take a while).

Thanks

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 30824
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 6:31 AM

Jerry - 

Great idea!

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 910
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 7:13 AM

Jerry M:

give it a tile and you have a basic book of your library which you can edit or print.

Jerry wins for best forum idea of the week...  AND (I'm probably the only clueless one) the www.logos.com/contents/<editition> link is an awesome find!

"I read dead people..."

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 7:29 AM

Great Idea Jerry!

I used my All resources collection and exported it to Word. Then made a PBB out of it and got my entire library in a book. Now I can open other books by the links of my resources in my PBB. I'll fine tune the specifics later with page numbers, table of contents.. etc.

EDIT: I just thought of another thing. I can break chapters down by collection and put all my collections in a PBB.
Posts 294
Debra W Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 8:02 AM

Thank you for the tip, Jerry!

Lenovo P72: Intel 8th Gen i7-8750H 6-core, 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD + 1TB Sata SSD, 17.3" FHD 1920x1080, NVIDIA Quadro P600 4GB, Win 10 Pro

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 8:08 AM

Jerry, why has it taken you this long to post this... Stick out tongue  Great idea!

Posts 35
MorrisProctorEmployee
David Kitchen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 8:52 AM

Jerry,

I just showed this to Morris and he thought it was a great idea also. We might "borrow" it for one of our videos.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 9:47 AM

Thanks for your kind remarks      (Is it time for a group hug?)   

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 9:56 AM

Awesome idea! I'm going to play around with this a bit along with collections and exporting bibliographies. I love the possibilities PB's open up.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 1:28 PM

This same concept works well with exporting collections. Many have asked for a "collection" column in the Library. You can export a collect to Word using the print function. it will maintain a hyperlink to the resources and put the collection name at the top. Give the collection name the Heading 1 style. Save it, create a PB and you have a list of the resources in that collection. export another collection to the end of the Word Doc and you can now organize your library according to collection!

Posts 3564
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 3:35 PM

Jerry M:
Then add commentary sets, dictionaries, etc. you have purchased separately and give it a tile

great idea Jerry! everything is crystal until I get to the books I purchased separately. is there a quick way to identify these resources or do you have to winnow the wheat from the chaff by hand one by one? thanks.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 4:00 PM

Hi Beloved,  I typed them one by one from my Logos Orders page.  (I haven't moved all of them yet).

Posts 2969
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 7:02 PM

Beloved:

Jerry M:
Then add commentary sets, dictionaries, etc. you have purchased separately and give it a tile

great idea Jerry! everything is crystal until I get to the books I purchased separately. is there a quick way to identify these resources or do you have to winnow the wheat from the chaff by hand one by one? thanks.

What worked for me was to copy the orders to a Excel worksheet then copy just the names column to Word

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 7:59 PM

Matthew Hamrick:
EDIT: I just thought of another thing. I can break chapters down by collection and put all my collections in a PBB.

Rather than my collections, i used a temp collection to add all my tagged books one tag at a time so that i could add my Tag name as a heading for my TOC

nice idea, now i have them all in a PB which also has links to open the books. This may be quicker than using the Library.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 8:09 PM

Matthew Hamrick:

Ha! sorry for robbing your idea. I didn't read the edit part of your post. As usual I'm one step behind :-)

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS