Reformation Commentary on Scripture

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 149
Bob Schaefer | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 18 2011 2:06 PM

I got a mailing from IVP this week promoting its upcoming series, The Reformation Commentary on Scripture. Since this is a companion series to the already-released Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture, which is (*drool*) available in Logos form, I'm wondering if anyone has heard of plans for this new series to be published for Logos? I bought into the New Interpreter's Bible series a few years before it became available for Logos, and I'd rather not buy into another series again in paper if it'll become available shortly for my digital library!

Posts 18
rsbarber | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 8 2012 9:30 AM

It would be great to have these two commentaries side by side in logos. I hope it happens, but I believe it will take a few years. The Reformation volumes are just starting to be written and published. I don't think logos offered the ACCS until it was almost completed. For what it's worth, here's my vote for offering them in logos ASAP!

Posts 31935
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 8 2012 4:21 PM

A cursory check indicates these were first requested in March 2010 http://community.logos.com/forums/p/13827/113250.aspx  It's definitely time to email suggestions@logos.com and enter the request in the Suggestions forum.  We want to raise the count of requests for it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1254
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 3:01 PM

It looks like it might take 10 years or so before these are completed (they plan on 2 or 3 a year until the 28 volumes are done). But I will definitely purchase them if they are ever available in Logos format!

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 23 2012 6:07 PM

im not seeing the ACC on logos.  Anyone got a link?

Posts 29254
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 23 2012 6:43 PM

Everett Headley:

im not seeing the ACC on logos.  Anyone got a link?

It isn't currently available from Logos... But it may be found elsewhere on CD's. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 18
rsbarber | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 23 2012 9:28 PM

I use this nearly every day. Had it so long I just assumed I got it from the logos site. I think you can get it here and it integrates w/ logos... http://www.ivpress.com/cgi-ivpress/book.pl/code=2480

Posts 1254
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2013 1:18 PM

It's here!!! 

http://www.logos.com/product/30911/reformation-commentary-on-scripture?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LogosPrepubs+%28Logos+Pre-Publications%29

At least the first 3 volumes! 

Does anyone know how this will integrate with the entire set once that is released to Logos format? If we purchase the first 3 now, are we going to be paying more in the long run to purchase the entire set? 

Apparently it will be about a 10 year process, so there is a huge benefit to getting these volumes now, but does anyone know how this will work?

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2013 9:42 AM

Peace, Liam!          *smile*                          I was just catching up on a few older posts I had not read and noticed your post in this thread!

Thank you very much for sharing it!             Indeed!                         I had missed it!           Put in my order this morning and am excited about the impending series!

Edit:             I don't how how the process will work with the series; however, I believe that the best deal for me is to get these first three now -- as soon as they are available ....     which may still take a while ???              *smile*                  But, I'm sure it will "integrate"!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 484
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2013 11:02 AM

Looks like 28 volumes and if Logos keeps the pre-pub price of $25 each volume thats a $700 commentary.. Taking a long look at this. Looks interesting.

Posts 3764
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2013 2:53 PM

Liam Walsh:

Here is a link to Intervarsity Press' own site describing this set - I am looking forward to this:

http://www.ivpress.com/rcs/

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1254
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 4:48 PM

Floyd Johnson:

Here is a link to Intervarsity Press' own site describing this set - I am looking forward to this:

http://www.ivpress.com/rcs/

Nice!

Posts 1254
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 3:13 PM

The Reformation Commentary on Scripture ships on 10/2! Get in fast before that and save $25!!!

Posts 1254
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2014 5:01 PM

Volume 11 on Philippians & Colossians has been released! Hope we see this in Logos soon!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS