Text is jumping.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 28
Fred H. | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 19 2011 4:58 AM

I posted this in the general forum and it was suggested I post it here so here it is...

I'm running window 7 64 bit with a corei7.

Since I've download version 4.3 I've been encountering an annoying what must be new feature. When I'm scrolling through a passage and stop scrolling the lines jump. They jump, it seems, to make sure the top line is not cut in half by the window border. It sure is annoying to try to read and scroll with it jumping all most every time I stop scrolling. I didn't notice this before 4.3 but am sure annoyed with it now. Anyone else notice this or am I crazy (please don't answer the second part of that quesion)?

This is really annoying, please help.

Grace and peace to you, Fred

In His Peace, Fred

“We love because he first loved us.” (1 John 4:19, ESV)

CBCWallace.org

Posts 449
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 19 2011 5:03 AM

I have the same issue. This is a new behavior and a bit disconcerting. Perhaps it will be fixed soon...

Posts 525
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 19 2011 5:15 AM

I am not having this problem. I am also running L4 on Core i7 and Win  7 64bit with Logos 4.3

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 19 2011 6:32 AM

I also have Win7 64bit w/ a corei7, but don't have the text jumping you're talking about.

I have tried three ways to scroll (mouse wheel:roll; mouse wheel:click and hold up/down; scroll bar) and none of them cause text jumping, not even with linked resources.

If you can be more specific about what you're doing, maybe we can confirm a bug, or drill down to the specific set of circumstances that cause this to happen.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 28
Fred H. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 19 2011 6:47 AM

I have Bible Study library 4f .  I'm working in what I think was the basic screen set up that defaults from Logos which is five windows.  There is the passage guide open in the main (large left window) and the scripture open in the middle top window.  When I scroll to read the passage it is jumping as I have described.  This seems to be the ONLY window it is happening in (and just happens to be the one I scroll the most in).

I should add that it happens if I use the mouse wheel or the scroll bar.

Very, very annoying....any help would be greatly appreciated., Fred

In His Peace, Fred

CBCWallace.org

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 19 2011 6:53 AM

Fred, any chance we could get a screencast? (Jing?)  

I have tried to replicate your experience but I can't.  it is curious that it's a new development though.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 19 2011 7:07 AM

Fred H.:
When I scroll to read the passage it is jumping as I have described. 

Still can't duplicate. Which Bible? Is it linked to anything?

[Note: Thomas' suggestion for a Jing video capture is a good one too.]

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 28
Fred H. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 19 2011 7:23 AM

Richard,

Yes it was linked to the text comparison.  I changed it to follow and it stopped jumping.  That was my issue.  I remember a few days back changing how it was linked because it wasn't following along.  Just don't know what I'm doing!!  Thank you all for taking the time to help me with this.  I use the very basics of Logos a lot but know very little about it....have not even tapped the potential.

Thanks again, Fred

In His Peace, Fred

CBCWallace.org

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 19 2011 7:29 AM

Fred H.:
Yes it was linked to the text comparison.  I changed it to follow and it stopped jumping. 
Cool Great find!

Keep learning Fred, this program has a lot of power and I often feel like I'm not using it all either.  One new feature at a time.  :-)

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS