Works of Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Page 3 of 5 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 85 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 15
Doug Wesney | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 22 2010 7:19 PM

Can't we just get these wonderful works by a powerful democratic vote?  I'll add another vote to the pile.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 22 2010 7:50 PM

Doug Wesney:

Can't we just get these wonderful works by a powerful democratic vote?  I'll add another vote to the pile.

Maybe Logos can pull a fast one like "the other guys" did with the Dead Sea Scrolls; just publish everything and wait for everybody else to sue.

On Scrolls, Artefacts and Intellectual Property   is available for $170 or save a bundle and get it here.

note: the Studies in the Dead Sea Scrolls collection is included in the Portfolio Edition.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 726
Theolobias | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 24 2011 11:00 AM

Amy Leung:

I'm interested in Bonhoeffer too.  Actually it would be great if Logos would include the German text too. 

Anyone here for more German text and perhaps also some German dictionaries?  Big Smile

Oh yes!!! I'd like to have the complete German works by:

• Martin Luther
  • Friedrich Schleiermacher
  • Philipp Jakob Spener
  • Johann Christoph Blumhardt
  • Adolf Schlatter
  • Martin Buber
  • Rudolf Bultmann
  • Karl Barth
  • Paul Tillich
  • Hans Urs von Balthasar
  • Dietrich Bonhoeffer
  • Helmut Thielicke
  • Wolfgang Pannenberg
  • Jürgen Moltmann
  • Karl Rahner
  • Josef Ratzinger / Benedikt XVI.
  • Dorothee Sölle
  • Peter Stuhlmacher
  • Eberhard Jüngel

Just to name some of my favourites ... Could we have them, please? Stick out tongue

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.5GHz, 2.0GB RAM, ATI Radeon XPress 1250 | theolobias.de

Posts 68
Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 24 2011 11:59 AM

Another vote for the works of Bonhoeffer.

Posts 18704
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 24 2011 12:07 PM

tom collinge:

Theolobias was asking for them in the original German.

I don't read German, but I'd love to have the English translations of many of those other authors' works in Logos, particularly:

Theolobias:
  • Friedrich Schleiermacher
  • Philipp Jakob Spener
  • Johann Christoph Blumhardt
  • Martin Buber
  • Rudolf Bultmann
  • Paul Tillich
  • Hans Urs von Balthasar
  • Dietrich Bonhoeffer
  • Helmut Thielicke
  • Wolfgang Pannenberg
  • Jürgen Moltmann
  • Karl Rahner
  • Eberhard Jüngel

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 24 2011 12:15 PM

Chris:

but I from Mississippi ("M").

And I gave a moment of silence as you mention the Holy Land. 

Edit: Oookay I just noticed this was posted well over a year ago!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 24 2011 12:22 PM

Rosie Perera:

I don't read German, but I'd love to have the English translations of many of those other authors' works in Logos, particularly:

Yes Theolobias was asking for the original German. But Amy was asking for that and some dictionaries.

Amy Leung:

I'm interested in Bonhoeffer too.  Actually it would be great if Logos would include the German text too. 

Anyone here for more German text and perhaps also some German dictionaries?  Big Smile

These are so many worthwhile theological works in German (and Dutch) it is probably a good idea for the younger people to learn those languages and enjoy a lifetime of better understanding of those works. My sons, ages 9 and 11, are learning German. Who knows, will they use that ability to study German theologians in the original German using Logos version 10?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 24 2011 12:52 PM

Rosie Perera:

tom collinge:

The German would be good.  My German is getting increasingly rusty.  One of these days it might become as rusty as my Czech -- which is to say "non-existent."

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 24 2011 12:53 PM

Theolobias:

• Hans Urs von Balthasar
  • (...)
  • Karl Rahner
  •   (But it would have to be in translation, I'm afraid. An article I can deal with, if I absolutely have to, but not whole books.)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2964
    tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 24 2011 4:47 PM

Rosie Perera:

Thanks Rosie, I did not catch that statement in the Theolobias' post.

Posts 726
    Theolobias | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 24 2011 10:40 PM

Should there be the need of a little help with the German language, I'll be glad to help anytime! :)

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.5GHz, 2.0GB RAM, ATI Radeon XPress 1250 | theolobias.de

Posts 18704
    Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 24 2011 11:00 PM

Theolobias:

Should there be the need of a little help with the German language, I'll be glad to help anytime! :)

Danke! Bisher habe ich über Google Translate wurde angewiesen.

(I have no idea whether that means what I intended it to mean, but I can copy/paste just as well as the next guy or gal. Smile)

Posts 726
    Theolobias | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 24 2011 11:46 PM

Rosie Perera:

Well, that's definitely not a correct German sentence! Big Smile But if you let me know what you wanted to say in English, I could be your personal Google Translator! Big Smile

Posts 18704
    Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 12:02 AM

Theolobias:

Rosie Perera:

Well, that's definitely not a correct German sentence! Big Smile But if you let me know what you wanted to say in English, I could be your personal Google Translator! Big Smile

I was trying to say "Thus far I have been relying on Google Translate." -- I had Google Translate translate that for me. I guess it doesn't work very well, even when talking about itself. Smile

Posts 726
    Theolobias | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 12:28 AM

Rosie Perera:

I was trying to say "Thus far I have been relying on Google Translate." -- I had Google Translate translate that for me. I guess it doesn't work very well, even when talking about itself. Smile

Okay, that would be: "Bis jetzt habe ich mich auf Google Translate verlassen." Google Translate has massive problems translating e.g. English verb constructions into German verb constructions, often resulting in different meaning or simply making no sense at all ... :)

Posts 18704
    Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 12:39 AM

Theolobias:

Okay, that would be: "Bis jetzt habe ich mich auf Google Translate verlassen." Google Translate has massive problems translating e.g. English verb constructions into German verb constructions, often resulting in different meaning or simply making no sense at all ... :)

Well, when I ran that back through Google Translate the result made sense in English ("Until now I have relied on Google Translate.") and when I ran that back through to German it came out with exactly what you gave me. So I guess it can translate some English verb constructions fine, but "I have been relying" tricked it. And perhaps "Thus far" gave it some trouble too, but "Until now" was easier.

Posts 726
    Theolobias | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 12:51 AM

I guess Google Translate just got overwhelmed by the three verbs: "have been relying" - English and German are very different from each other when it comes to auxiliary verbs and the like. :)

Posts 6
    Matthew Leighty | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 26 2011 8:14 AM

Bring the Hoff!

Posts 3
    Guillermo Velazquez | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 8 2011 5:20 AM

Very much interested in Bonhoeffer's books!

Page 3 of 5 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS