Switch keyboard

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
William Dirr | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2009 10:46 AM

Does anyone know how to switch the keyboard to Heb. & Greek for morph and syntax searches?

Posts 1924
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 11:01 AM

Option 1.  Install a Greek and Hebrew keyboard in Windows and use the Windows system command to change to the desired keyboard.  Please see: http://www.logos.com/support/downloads/keyboards

Option 2.  Type it in via transliteration by starting with g: or h:

Option 3.  Shibboleth.  See http://www.logos.com/shibboleth

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 9
William Dirr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 11:16 AM

thanks for the quick reply, are there any plans to have a keyboard selector in v.4

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 11:37 AM

WilliamDirr:
Does anyone know how to switch the keyboard to Heb. & Greek for morph and syntax searches?

If you type eg. "g:aga" in the search field you get a pick list of greek lemmas and you can pick "agape" if you want. If type "h:ba" you could choose a hebrew lemma.

Just type g: for greek and h: for hebrew and you don't need any greek or hebrew keyboard at all.

Posts 112
Philip E. Sumpter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 2:34 AM

Hi Kenneth,

"use the Windows system command to change to the desired keyboard"

I've successfully installed the keyboard (or so a pop-up window tells me), but that was that. I have no idea what to do next.  Could you tell me how to find this "system command" by which I can put the keyboard to use?

Sorry if this is an obvious question. I struggle with computers!

Posts 112
Philip E. Sumpter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 4:45 AM

I should add that not only am I technologically impared, I also use a German system. It just occurred to me that "Windows System Command" refers to some device that is translated differently. If I go to "Systemsteuerung" (=system control) there is a link for "hardware," which leads to another link with "keyboards." However, when I click on this link, there is no sign of a Hebrew keyboard. I know that the keyboard is on my computer, however, as when I click on "software" I can see it, lined up with all my other software.

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 7:29 PM

WilliamDirr:

I tried asking that same question at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/4438/35825.aspx#35825 but no one can figure it out for Windows 7. XP and below is very easy. The directions for XP and below is found on the Logos website at http://www.logos.com/support/downloads/keyboards but is not helpful for Windows 7.

God bless

{charley}

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 11:50 PM

As you've discovered, the keyboards are very easy to install in Windows 7, you just run the installer.

The system command Kenneth probably was referring to is is Left-Alt + Shift. This is the default Windows hotkey for switching between the keyboards that you have installed. To change this hotkey, or assign hotkeys to any of the keyboards; go to:

Control Panel -> Region and Language. Select Keyboards and Languages, click Change Keyboards, and then Advanced Key Settings.... It is well hidden! Smile

EDIT: I have created a page on the wiki from this thread...

Posts 31
Josh Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 8:47 PM

Charles,

I also recently upgraded to Win7 and was frustrated by the inability to type in the original languages. I looked around on the forums and no one has posted anything helpful, but then while just playing around with it figured it out.

Go ahead and download the Logos Greek and Hebrew Keyboards on the website. If your system works the same of mine, rather than installing all the way, it will stop at a certain point and say something about the download being a zipped folder. Unzip the folder. Then follow the file path.. for me it was C/Users/...individual user name../AppData/Local/Temp/LogosBiblicalGreekKeyboard or LogosBiblicalHebrewKeyboard respectively. You must make sure that your system is set to see hidden folders or the Appdata folder will not appear. Click on the Logos Biblical Lang Keyboard folder. Click on the folder kdblbgr or kdblbhe respectively. You should see a "setup" file which is different from the rest, click this. That should install the keyboard. You'll have to allow it to make changes to your system, as Windows will ask you whether you want to allow the file.

Let me know if this works for you. Hope that will be a help. Mine is know operating perfectly just like on my old OS. Live Victoriously, Josh

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS