Just how FAST is Logos 4?

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8639
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:50 AM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:
Although (to contradict my previous statement), there are some (like LLS 2.x help files, catalogue files, LDLS3 overview books, etc.) that we're choosing not to make available, because they don't make much sense inside Logos 4. If you really want to have them, you could scan an old LLS or LDLS CD to import them.

While I may never use some of these - and thus really don't care, I think that kind of list should be available.  Just in case someone asks, we can point them to something like http://www.logos.com/deprecated <- (note that's not a real link)

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 20
Vincent Xavier Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 9:19 PM | Locked

What is the specs on your machine?  I'd love to know how a netbook with only 1GB of RAM and a slow hard drive will do, fast or not so...

Posts 25823
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 9:25 PM | Locked

Martin J Webster:
However I wonder why there should be a difference in the number of hits?

You have to be sure you are searching the same books on both computers.

Search options have to be the same. L4's default is "no stemming" ie. "Match all word forms" is unticked when you click the little arrow under the big Search icon.

Might be an idea to tick  this as L3's default is a stemming search giving you more hits.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS