Operation World

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 29271
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 27 2011 6:25 PM

I know that Operation World has been recommended before, but it can never hurt to ask again. Actually, I was thinking that it might work well as a Vyrso resource. I recently discovered that OW is being offered in both .PDF and eBook formats. I would prefer to have it in Logos Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2011 6:51 PM

alabama24:
I know that Operation World has been recommended before, but it can never hurt to ask again.

All the procedures available from hangnail removal to gender reassignment??  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3765
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2011 7:08 PM

alabama24:

I know that Operation World has been recommended before, but it can never hurt to ask again. Actually, I was thinking that it might work well as a Vyrso resource. I recently discovered that OW is being offered in both .PDF and eBook formats. I would prefer to have it in Logos Smile

I may have said it before, but I still would like to see this in LOGOS - and for updates as they are issued.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 29271
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2011 7:23 PM

Funny George. Real funny. Smile

Seriously though, if you are not familiar with the resource, it is great. In addition to being a prayer guide for every country, it also is a handy book to have around. I served in a church once that had the [bad] philosophy of "why give a missionary $100 a month, when you could give ten missionaries $10 a month!" We would regularly have missionaries stop by (probably to collect their $10) and we would have no idea where they were serving. 

[Not to get on a soapbox... but... I prefer to support missionaries at a higher percentage if possible. Can you imagine how these Godly people must feel on furlough running around from church to church when they have 52 weeks and 65 churches supporting them?]

Posts 29271
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2011 7:29 PM

Floyd Johnson:
I still would like to see this in LOGOS - and for updates as they are issued.

Floyd - 

Are you saying that you want to see this as a Logos resource rather than a Vyrso one? I kind of agree & kind of don't. It would be very nice to be able to make a good reading plan (for prayer purposes) and this would need to be tagged (right?). On the other hand, this is the kind of resource that could put Logos out of business... Can you imagine trying to keep updates going on it? I think my idea of a Vyrso book is more reasonable (albeit more expensive). It really is a NEW book when it comes out every so often. You could choose to update by buying the new copy.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2011 7:40 PM

alabama24:
Actually, I was thinking that it might work well as a Vyrso resource. I recently discovered that OW is being offered in both .PDF and eBook formats.

The publisher also offers their own CD Rom of it. I would really like to see it in Vyrso. The data keeps changing in it.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 165
Wayne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2011 8:00 PM

I would love to see Operation World in Logos

Posts 38
Bill Fitch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2011 8:08 PM

+1

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2011 8:17 PM

This is a great suggestion.  I would vote for it being a regular Logos resource and tagged as a calendar devotional.  It might more useful in that format as a daily prayer guide.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2011 8:55 PM

DHG:

This is a great suggestion.  I would vote for it being a regular Logos resource and tagged as a calendar devotional.  It might more useful in that format as a daily prayer guide.

Yes. That is what the publisher intended it to be used for. That would be great.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 190
EmileB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2011 2:44 PM

Agree also. I'd suggested this a long time ago. Thanks for the bump! I agree with the idea of a calendar deco for use for daily prayer.

Posts 190
EmileB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2011 2:45 PM

Agree also. I'd suggested this a long time ago. Thanks for the bump! I agree with the idea of a calendar devo for use for daily prayer.

Posts 2
Devaraj-G | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2012 11:41 PM

So, is Operation World coming up in Logos ? I usually read it alongside missionary biographies. As for the updating, it wouldn't be a bad idea if it was done yearly/half-yearly/or even once in two years. After all, it's only recently that the continuous web-updated version of the book has come up. (The last edition was in 2001, previous to that in 1993 and the first in 1964)

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2012 11:50 PM

I would love to see this in Logos as well! Great resource.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 2:39 AM

G Devaraj:

So, is Operation World coming up in Logos ? I usually read it alongside missionary biographies. As for the updating, it wouldn't be a bad idea if it was done yearly/half-yearly/or even once in two years. After all, it's only recently that the continuous web-updated version of the book has come up. (The last edition was in 2001, previous to that in 1993 and the first in 1964)

This would be a great Logos resource. I have the print copy (7th edition done in 2010) and this is the last edition. I used it for a missions class I took last semester. I hated the class, loved the book.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS