New English Biblie Version 1960-70 Please!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 60
Rev. Nannette La Fosse | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 29 2011 8:49 PM

I have been so curious in why The New English Bible version 1960-70 has not been posted yet in community pricing or somewhere. I have seen other resources less known to the majority of us. I sent the suggestion via e-mail also to Logos. I have seen some people interested in the past. Is there some information that I am missing?

What about the New Testament in Modern English from Phillips? This is another one.

Posts 30075
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2011 9:12 PM

I don't work for Logos, so I can't really answer your question. If enough people want it, and if they can get permission, Logos will work on it. I have never heard of the New English Bible. Can you tell me about it? Personally I am interested in Phillips. I think the copyright holder may be the difficulty there. Do you know that it is online?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2011 9:58 PM

Here are links to the wikipedia pages for the NEB and the REB which is a revision of the NEB.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_English_Bible

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revised_English_Bible

I would like to see them both in Logos and also Phillips New Testament Yes 

Posts 34444
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2011 11:03 PM

Rev. Nannette La Fosse:
I have been so curious in why The New English Bible version 1960-70 has not been posted yet in community pricing or somewhere.

Community pricing is used for publications that are in the public domain i.e. Logos does not have to negotiate rights to the text.  In the case of the NEB, it is still under copyright. We have no way of knowing whether or not the copyright holders (Oxford and Cambridge) are interested in working with Logos and, if they are, what type of contract they would offer. You may note that university presses are underrepresented in Logos and often slow for the finalizing of contracts (remember Yale)?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 946
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 10:12 AM

NEW ENGLISH BIBLE is quoted in all the best Bible commentaries.

A good second bible because it is not bound by tradition, a dynamic equivalent translation. Rich in language and produced by top British scholars of the day.

Yes Please!

Paul

Oxford England

Posts 946
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 10:31 AM

The Horace Knowles edition published by the Bible Society (UK)

This edition contains beautiful illustrations by Horace Knowles (far superior to Good News Illustrations).

This is the best edition of the New English Bible

Make it happen Logos

Paul

Posts 2765
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 10:42 AM

NEB is still in copyright in the UK

There is a version of available online as said, but in the site owners words:

I took a chance and went ahead without asking for permission.

I thought that since the version I’d scanned was first edition NEB, and as the NEB hasn’t been in print since the publication of the REB (as far as I know!), no-one would mind. There hasn’t been any come-back!

It is not up with consent of publisher.

so far I haven't been able despite 2 years searching to find out who is able to authorise its electronic distribution

Alabama24, please email me: pbstuff AT domisoft DOT co. uk - have some information on the JB Phillips copyright issue which may help you.

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 946
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2012 1:13 PM

Just seen on prepub page NEB is almost there!

NEB ahead of REB, so it could be the NEB first out the door!

One final push should do it!

http://www.logos.com/product/24552/the-new-english-bible-with-the-apocrypha

http://www.logos.com/product/24537/the-revised-english-bible-with-the-apocrypha

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS