Frustrated

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 108
Larry L. Dix | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2009 8:41 PM

I have spent the afternoon and evening trying to figure out the new version. Here is what I have discovered: Exegetical Search is much better. Passage Guide search is a THUMBS DOWN!!! I hope that I am able to revise that at a later date.  Customer Support from the company THUMBS DOWN!!! I was actualy told by the person I spoke with that they could not help me to use their progam and that they would be glad to give me my money back.  In all my life experiences, I have never, never encountered such a statement from a company that wanted to sell me their product.

Instead of doing much need study and research I have been going through these posts to see If the many questions that I have, has already been asked.  Not a fruitful day.  Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Posts 71
Colin Thornby | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 8:49 PM

Hi Larry. Are you running on Windows or Mac?

The only reason I ask is because the Mac version is a pre-release build (they're calling it an Alpha), and phone support isn't provided - but if that had been the case they'd have explained it.

If you're running Windows then the issues with customer service are very disappointing.

Colin

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 9:03 PM

LarryLDix:
Instead of doing much need study and research I have been going through these posts to see If the many questions that I have, has already been asked.  Not a fruitful day.  Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Frustration seems to be par for the course - except for those who have been been part of the Beta Test program.  I too feel the same way, as you will see by many of my posts over the last two or three days.  I still feel frustrated

On the other hand,  I know enough about Logos to say they will have a working program within the next six months.  Not much help for someone who is just beginning their use of a Logos product.  Those of us who have version 3 available can at least fall back to this version till the improvements arrive.

So what to do - after installing and indexing, start asking questions.  Our questions will help Logos know where they need to beef up either their program or their documentation.

Blessings,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 9:12 PM

Floyd Johnson:
except for those who have been been part of the Beta Test program

And we've had ours already.

Logos 3 is a great program. Someday Logos 4 will be its equal in every way and better in many. It isn't right now, but Logos doesn't intend to go backwards. This new version is so much different conceptually and in its software underpinnings that things have taken longer than expected (at least for us) to create. I can see its promise. I'll use 3.0 a lot for awhile, but hope by next summer never to have to use it again, and to be grateful for a program that is in every way better than 4.0.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 9:18 PM

Floyd Johnson:
Frustration seems to be par for the course - except for those who have been been part of the Beta Test program.

Hi Floyd,

As a beta tester, though I'd have to say my frustration level is less than it was, I'd also say that ALL of us experienced varying degrees of frustration at minimum at some point in the program, if not many times through the program. We've just had longer to process it & even to move beyond it toward trying to find ways to change the way we work. The one thing that I believe most of us would also say is that we've learned to see the promise of L4. I'm one that'd say that there are still times I PLAN to revert to L3... for me, it's the smart tags... for others that feel similarly, it's some other feature. But we see the promise that eventually it'll be there in L4, & there's enough there now to keep us learning.

Many blessings to you!

Bill

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
iPad 9th Gen iOS 15.6, 256GB

Posts 27986
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 9:33 PM

LarryLDix:
Passage Guide search is a THUMBS DOWN!!!

Try tailoring your own PG with Guides | Make a new Guide template. Start with standard PG and then remove sections and even add sections (use the small pen icon to name it My Passage Guide).

LarryLDix:
Customer Support from the company THUMBS DOWN!!!

I think Bob may be slightly embarrassed by this, but the staff have been very busy with queries. Ask any Q here as you'll find many "experts" who have spent (a hectic) 8 weeks with L4.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 8:03 AM

LarryLDix:
Customer Support from the company THUMBS DOWN!!! I was actualy told by the person I spoke with that they could not help me to use their progam and that they would be glad to give me my money back.  In all my life experiences, I have never, never encountered such a statement from a company that wanted to sell me their product.
That noise you just heard was Bob walking into the CS department in Bellingham....

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 8:06 AM

Thomas Black:

LarryLDix:
Customer Support from the company THUMBS DOWN!!! I was actualy told by the person I spoke with that they could not help me to use their progam and that they would be glad to give me my money back.  In all my life experiences, I have never, never encountered such a statement from a company that wanted to sell me their product.
That noise you just heard was Bob walking into the CS department in Bellingham....

this is sorta just a guess, but I remember Bob saying they were "bringing in help to deal with the volume" which probably means temp workers that were given a crash course. Either way, the right information need to get out.

Posts 1723
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 2:39 PM

LarryLDix:
Customer Support from the company THUMBS DOWN!!! I was actualy told by the person I spoke with that they could not help me to use their progam and that they would be glad to give me my money back.

I am very sorry to hear this; I can't imagine why someone would say that. (Unless it was issues with the Mac pre-release, about which there's not much we can do beyond get the next release out.)

If you email me your contact info and preferred time of contact, at bob@logos.com, I'll put you in touch with someone who can help you well.

Again, I'm sorry about that -- our goal is fantastic customer service.

(To that end, for November we've extended our normal hours to Saturdays and evenings, too. I believe everyone will find shorter (or no) waits for a rep if you call in the evening, US pacific coast time.)

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 2:41 PM

Bob Pritchett:
(To that end, for November we've extended our normal hours to Saturdays and evenings, too. I believe everyone will find shorter (or no) waits for a rep if you call in the evening, US pacific coast time.)

I hope your getting lots of calls from people wanting to buy the software.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 2:47 PM

I've been using Logos for over 10 years.  I have never been disappointed by them or their service.  In my 56 years on the planet I have never ever seen a company try harder to meet the needs of their customers like Logos.  They are flat out the best.  Yes, during this time of transition we all get a little frustrated but hang in there.  Logos is headed in the right direction.  If that's not good enough for now get a refund and come back after some of the bugs are worked out.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 3:55 PM

While I've not been using logos THAT long...I too have had this same experience...nothing but a pleasure.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 147
John Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 4:09 PM

Between the Logos 4 forum and 1 call to Logos Support, my experience with Logos 4 has been great.  It's not unusual to have to work through a lot of kinks with the first iteration of any piece of software.  If it's any consolation to Bob Pritchett, VMWare Fusion just came out with Fusion 3.0 and  there was a thread on their forum entitled FIX FUSION 3 NOW!  Even though my experience with Fusion has been fantastic as well.  You give a lot of people a new piece of software and you're going to have a rough few weeks until everyone is up and running.

Very happy with Logos 4!  Thanks.

John Murphy

Posts 2895
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 7:12 PM

I too am a little frustrated and a little disappinted and I am also a beta tester. But I know two things about Logos.

1. They are the most customer centric company. Others are maybe as customer centric as Logos, but almost no on is more.

2. They get it right more often than not and will eventually do so with this.

Let me share a comparison. I am beta testing two other Bible software products at this time.  One of those companies is like Logos, very friendly and very nice. The other is less so. The top guy in the company sent me a nasty email twice for not glowing about his products when I reviewed them in mentioned negative things. The reviews were generally very positive, but I mentioned a few bugs and a few features I did not like. So now I'm persona non grata with that company. And yet it is one of the few companies that I actually buy the software I review. Most give review copies. BTW Logos is one of others that I actually buy all the software I've reviewed up till this beta test. And even with this release I plan to buy an upgrade to the next level up very soon.

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 9:07 PM

I had some conserns and frustrataions (still do have a few) that I posted about on day 2 of the release (day 1 of my V4 use).  To my suprise, I got a personal email from Mr. Pritchett adressing those conserns and frustratons (some of which were sales related and essentially none of my buisness really). 

I must admit that made me "sit up" and take notice of Logos' outstanding customer service philosophy. 

I had to call customer support for a technical issue 2 days later (that was solved in the forums while I was on the phone with a rep.) and had a great experience. 

Thumbs up Yes to Logos customer support.  They made it through a hectic week (with flying colors IMO).

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 1:35 AM

JeremiahDanielMorris:
To my suprise, I got a personal email from Mr. Pritchett adressing those conserns and frustratons

That's just above and beyond....amazing. Yes

Robert Pavich

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 1:47 AM

When Bob emailed me he included his wife's recipe for lasagna!

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 1:53 AM

Randy Hartman:
When Bob emailed me he included his wife's recipe for lasagna!

Well, Philip, Thomas Black, and I told her (while we were there at Sunday dinner) that it was too good not to share with the "lower level" Logos users.... Wink

Robert Pavich

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 2:06 AM

OK, actually laughed out loud.  Hope I didn't wake my wife up.  If I did UR in BIG trouble!

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 2:19 AM

Those of us who bought Portfolio have both Bob's wife and his mother's recipe books as part of the package. They appear on the home page; strangely as devotionals.

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS