Google Wave group: is Tues OK?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 112
BS | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2009 9:38 PM

By Tuesday hopefully most of you who are still waiting for invitation emails should have them.  What do you think about starting Tuesday in the evening?  One idea would be to start talking about what kind of study we would like to do and what passages or books we would like to study.  There are also enough people already that we could probably do multiple studies.

For those who want to participate at that point but still don't have Wave access we could summarize the main ideas and the consensus from the Wave discussion on the Logos boards and ask for input from those who seriously want to participate.

I'm excited about the Bible study!  Wave is pretty neat and it will be cool to unleash the power of Logos 4 as a group.

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 1:51 AM

Sounds good.  :)  I could join you guys on Tuesday the only problem is it is daytime for us when it is night time for you, so I'll be working and may not be at the computer all the time.  As for the topic I'm pretty flexible, though something in Hebrew would be nice.  Looking forward to seeing you guys!  Big Smile

Posts 112
BS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 2:01 AM

Amy where are you located?  I'm in the Middle East.  The time zone problem will have to be dealt with somehow, and that might mean having a separate group for those of us in Asia or Europe.  Even if you can't be involved real time you can always join in the discussion later by replying to the wave when you get a chance.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 2:08 AM

I now have my Wave invite.  Would anyone be willing to write a brief summary of how to find Gons and the group using Wave?  Typically I would do the research myself but I'm busy now, maybe like most of you, trying to figure out L4.

Posts 112
BS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 3:14 AM

Just post your wave email in the big Google Wave thread and someone will add you to the wave.

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 7:17 AM

I'm in Hong Kong - so GMT + 8 hours to be exact.  If there's something like an evening group PST I think I can join, because their 6-10pm would be 10am-2pm our time, at least I'm not sleeping Wink and  I maybe able to get in now and then.  That was about the same time last time I was waving at you guys. 

Posts 427
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 8:06 AM

Randy Hartman:

I now have my Wave invite.  Would anyone be willing to write a brief summary of how to find Gons and the group using Wave?  Typically I would do the research myself but I'm busy now, maybe like most of you, trying to figure out L4.

Randy, you have to have their wave address and you just click add on the lower left and submit.  To find the Teusday group, I would imagine the host will post his Wave ID and then you'll just plug in from there. 

Wilson Hines

Posts 12
Garland Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 8:06 AM

Isn't the beauty of Wave that you don't need everyone on at the same time?  Anyone can insert their two cents at any point of the discussion.  Maybe what we can do is schedule a few times a week covering blocks of time zones (within reason) in which people can attend live discussions.  Those who can't make it to the real-time discussion can always chime in at their convenience.  We can allow a few days (or a week) for each block of scripture so that everyone can have an opportunity.  

Posts 427
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 8:07 AM

Bryan Smith:

By Tuesday hopefully most of you who are still waiting for invitation emails should have them.  What do you think about starting Tuesday in the evening?  One idea would be to start talking about what kind of study we would like to do and what passages or books we would like to study.  There are also enough people already that we could probably do multiple studies.

I will be home in the mid-afternoon EST on that day.  If I know ahead of time, I would enjoy the collaboration!  

Wilson Hines

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 7:56 AM

someone said they added me to receive an invite for dustandbreath AT sbcglobal DOT net, but I have not received anything in several weeks.  Will it come, or can someone please add me again?

Thanks!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS