Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 131
Scot Wright | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2009 9:58 PM

I have been seeing on the Logos site that Version 3 is now discontinued. I would like to upgrade to Logos 4 but I don't have the coin or the computer to handle the new system at the present time. How long do I have before I have to walk the plank? Tongue Tied

Scot+

Posts 727
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 10:06 PM

Scot Wright:

I have been seeing on the Logos site that Version 3 is now discontinued. I would like to upgrade to Logos 4 but I don't have the coin or the computer to handle the new system at the present time. How long do I have before I have to walk the plank? Tongue Tied

Scot+

Scot,

Discontinued = no longer sold. You can continue to use L3 for the foreseeable future. If you did move to 4 and got new resources that are optimized for 4 they will be made available, at some point, via FTP for L3, unless they are integral to the functioning of L4 (infographics, for example or new reverse interlinears). In fact, you can use L3 and L4 at the same time on the same machine. They have separate everything, although everything in L3 transfers (with some changes/updating/upgrading) to L4.

Several features in L4 have yet to be developed and implemented. Many people will continue to use L3 for the foreseeable future.

Also, you can install just the engine of L4 and bring your resources over, but if you don't have the computer power, don't.

Chris

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 10:50 PM

Scot Wright:
I have been seeing on the Logos site that Version 3 is now discontinued.
Logos 3 is still supported and new books will work in 3.0.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 217
Dudley C Rose | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 8:10 AM

Chris Elford:

Discontinued = no longer sold.

I wonder if there would be any possibility for people to buy version 3.  I have students who have not yet purchased Logos and, at least for the time being, would be better served to have both versions.

Dudley

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 8:35 PM

DudleyCRose:

I wonder if there would be any possibility for people to buy version 3.  I have students who have not yet purchased Logos and, at least for the time being, would be better served to have both versions.

Dudley

I believe a new boxed V3 will be hard to come by.  From what I understand as of Nov. 1 (V4 Release) retailers are not long allowed to sell V3 (including online stores).  You may be able to find a few being sold by individuals at an online auction site, but that would be a stretch.

Posts 27972
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 4:07 AM

Scot Wright:
I have been seeing on the Logos site that Version 3 is now discontinued.

That may be, but a new version 3.0g will be out within a week or so!

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 347
Mitch Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 4:39 AM

Scot,

If you're wanting to upgrade I assume you already have v. 3, in which case you can continue to use it. If you don't have it there are still 3rd party locations where you can purchase v. 3 packages (Google it). I only make this second suggestion because of your financial situation.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS