The Portable Seminary: A Master's Level Overview in One Volume

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 128
Matt Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 17 2011 5:24 PM

Would really like to have this in Logos. There are tons of verse cites within it and it's a pain to look everything up whenever something is quoted.

ISBN-10: 0764201603

ISBN-13: 978-0764201608

Posts 27249
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2011 5:45 PM

Yes

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2685
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2011 12:36 AM

Yes

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 2199
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2011 10:27 AM

Yes

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 3648
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2011 11:02 AM

Yes

Just purchased a paper copy - would rather have in LOGOS.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 9844
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2011 11:03 AM

Floyd Johnson:

Yes

Just purchased a paper copy - would rather have in LOGOS.

same with me.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1
Thomas Barber | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 12:22 PM

Also would like to have this in Logos.

A WordSearch version was just announced.

Posts 56
Paul Knopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 12:25 PM

Posts 23
Tony (Manuel) Perez | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 4:05 PM

let's do this

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 4:21 PM

Thomas Barber:
 Also would like to have this in Logos. A WordSearch version was just announced. 

This is actually the 4th go around WordSearch has made of this title. It was first offered in a bundle with other books. Then it was momentarily offered individually by a direct email sale. I had already purchased the hardback copy based on a recommendation in the Logos forums and I loved it! So I jumped at the chance to get a digital version. Apparently there was a problem with the license and the sale only lasted an hour or two and I missed the window of opportunity. It then became available last fall and I finally got the digital version. Now it is offered again. 

I like this book so much I will buy it again in Logos even though I have the hardback and WS versions.   IT IS THAT GOOD.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1493
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 5:50 PM

Yes

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 8:20 PM

Yes Appears publisher is Bethany House Publishers

http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Seminary-Masters-Level-Overview/dp/0764201603

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 68
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 9:02 PM

Yes I would also love to see this in Logos.

Posts 386
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 9:22 PM

+1 for my vote!

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 9:26 PM

Super Tramp:
I like this book so much I will buy it again in Logos even though I have the hardback and WS versions.   IT IS THAT GOOD.

I neither have the book nor have been able to peruse it so I'm simply giving my impressions from the reviews on Amazon.  Charles Wooton, with whom I've become acquainted over the internet (and I think might be a member of this forum) did a review in which he notes that it does not claim to be the equivalent to a Masters program but is an overview and thus appears aimed for the average person in the pew.  I suspect that this is the truth.  If you have a seminary education, you're probably beyond what is contained in it.  I would therefore recommend an assessment of your needs on this one.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 9:35 PM

George Somsel:
Charles Wooton, with whom I've become acquainted over the internet (and I think might be a member of this forum) did a review in which he notes that it does not claim to be the equivalent to a Masters program but is an overview and thus appears aimed for the average person in the pew.

Dr. Wootten is correct. The book does not claim to cram a seminary degree within it's covers. It does outline the basic scope and sequence of a traditional Evangelical seminary education.  The only part missing would be the area of specialization a PhD of ThD would pursue for their dissertation. I don't think any Christian could go wrong using it as a guide for deeper studies to better equip themselves for service. Not everyone can quit their job and attend seminary. The book is also a lot cheaper than four years of classroom instruction. It should not be relied upon as a substitute for seminary for vocational qualification. But having the knowledge outlined will help the student be a better worker.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 27249
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 9:37 PM

George - I had never heard of the book until this thread was started. However, a book like this would be useful for me, in my estimation, as a tool for helping to equip lay leaders. My 2¢ Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 36
Nathan Madison | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 10:46 PM

Yes I would also love to see this in Logos.

Nathan Madison

Posts 31
Samuel Robil | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 9:54 AM

wanna see it soon :)

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 11:25 AM

Yes

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS