Customization and Logos 4

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 236
David R. McAllan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 2:25 PM

Why not try setting up "collections" of specific commentaries by using "My Tags".  I only wanted certain commentaries selected for the PG and I use the tagging option. This allows me to narrow down the search to specific commentaries I wish to use.  I have made tags for individual commentaries and tags for commentaries that I have selected from commentary sets.  I receive hits from no matter where the Scripture appears throughout the commentary/s.

You set up tags by going to "Library", then select the "Resource Information" icon and click "add tag".  The word you use to tag a commentary will be available in any guide or search dialogue box.

David

David
https://echucacommunitychurch.com

MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020), 8 gig RAM, macOS Monterrey.

Posts 442
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 4:32 PM

I used the scripting ability extensively and created toolbars to do all kinds of things using the information from the libronix object model reference.  I was able to surf the web from within the program and take a web page and automatically tag it so you could click on the bible references and open them all from within the program.  Are there plans to have this kind of in depth customization in L4?  Will they create an object model reference manual so we can create scripts that automate certain tasks and expand functionality?  This is something I miss in L4.

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 7:24 PM

Bob Pritchett:
What things are you not able to customize that you'd like to? Maybe I can show you how to do it....

1. Option to turn off automatic lookup in Information window. I prefer to choose what words I will look up.

2. The ability to select what goes into the Information window.

3. Turn off visual cue

4. Color scheme or at least the ability to specify how active window is indicatedso it is more obvious (border size or color).

5. Grouping of Prioritized books in Library by type. This could also save lookup time if it did not look at an inappropriate type.

Posts 442
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 5:58 PM

It would be nice to have a shortcut to float a window and also be able to set it to always on top.  This is just one thing but there are so many other things I 'm sure I will come up with and with Logos 3 I was able to create scripts to automate almost anything I could think of.  As I mentioned, although Logos 3 was not made to run the internet from within the program this was made possible by scripting.  I was also able to view documents from within the program using scripting language and tag the bible verses to open my bible.  The scripting ability in the toolbar function just allowed you to expand the program to do things it was not originally designed to do and it was a great feature.  I am hoping they will include it in L4.  At the very least if they made the object model method for the program available scripts could be created using a program such as autoit.

Posts 23
Tony (Manuel) Perez | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 2:38 PM

No one has added anything here and there are many unanswered questions. Is someone from LOGOS going to HELP?

Posts 426
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 12:42 PM

I for one would like to see each genre of books categorized; eg, Bibles, Commentaries, Lexicons, etc. From there we can customize which ones get searched first, second, and 100th.
This seems to be an easy thing to do, and seems to be the basics of what everyone is asking for. Can this happen any time soon, Logos?

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 1:00 PM

Bob Pritchett:
What things are you not able to customize that you'd like to? Maybe I can show you how to do it....

The ability to turn off certain features such as the Power Lookup.  I never use it, but it seems to rear its head periodically.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1
Joanna Hoffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 1:27 PM

I think someone mentioned this earlier, but I wish L4 would add the morphological visual filter so that, for instance, the Greek New Testament would automatically open with our customized color scheme.  For instance, verbs would be italicized and colored according to tense.  That was a GREAT feature of L3 that saved hours of time in parsing.

Any plans for this in the works? 

Posts 1
Alan Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 10:01 AM

You can do the Morphological visual filters.  You can even do visual filters now in any Bible!  They just haven't made it so you can move over your existing ones from Logos 3

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS