Word Study question (Septuagint)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 46
Cheez | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 24 2011 7:15 AM

I've a question. When invoking a "Bible Word Study" on a NT word (e.g. ESV reverse interlinear), we get the translation in the NT based on the default Bible (which can be user defined). However, there's no choice for selection for the Septuagint translation. For example, I would like to use the Lexham Greek-English Interlinear as the default text (so I can see the English translated words). Is that possible?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2011 7:50 AM

Cheez:

I've a question. When invoking a "Bible Word Study" on a NT word (e.g. ESV reverse interlinear), we get the translation in the NT based on the default Bible (which can be user defined). However, there's no choice for selection for the Septuagint translation. For example, I would like to use the Lexham Greek-English Interlinear as the default text (so I can see the English translated words). Is that possible?

Yes it is, but it's a multi-step process. To do that, look to the very bottom of the BWS panel under "Textual Searches." You should see LXX there with results. Click on that and you'll get a list of verses. To get a BWS for the LXX, open any verse in that list and open a BWS on that word.

It would be nice if it were all in one report, but as designed now, it's not.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 46
Cheez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2011 6:02 PM

Thanks Richard. Appreciate the tip.

Posts 101
Greg B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2011 5:17 AM

Cheez:

See also this thread - http://community.logos.com/forums/t/38246.aspx

Greg

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS