Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 22 2009 6:04 PM

Hey guys,

There's been a LOT of discussion on this, and I would really appreciate any help I can get. I'm wanting to sync my Logos User Folder between my PC and Mac, as well as my Resources folder. How would I set this up using Live Mesh using both systems? I know the folder paths are a little different, so I'm wondering how to make this work.

I know that Logos: mac doesn't use 99% of the stuff in the user folder, but I'd like them in sync simply because that'd be easier than trying to sync just the one folder.

Thanks everyone!

Nathan

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 2898
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 22 2009 8:29 PM

Not sure what you are asking Nathan.  But it seems you know which folders contain the user info.  In Live Mesh just point it to each of these on the two systems and joila!  You are good to go.  I have been using LM for many months now and it is great and easy to use.  Also keeps it in the cloud in the event of catastrophic failure.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 22 2009 8:41 PM

So you can specify where the location is of the two folders you wish to sync? if you can, that's great. I can easily set this up then. Thanks for the info!

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 71
Aeolus Jacobus | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2009 3:53 PM
User Files between Mac and Windows are not all the same so syncing may not really work. The only transferable files are the collections.
Posts 10893
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2009 4:03 PM

Aeolus Jacobus:
User Files between Mac and Windows are not all the same so syncing may not really work. The only transferable files are the collections.

Aeolus

I have even had some problems with collections created on the Windows version. If the collection contains PBB files, a Reference Browser search on the Mac version causes a crash. This is 100% repeatable on my system. Has anyone else had this experience?

Jack

Posts 71
Aeolus Jacobus | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2009 4:18 PM
I don't think PBB works on Mac. They are file extensions the Mac version doesn't read.
Posts 10893
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2009 2:28 AM

Aeolus Jacobus:
I don't think PBB works on Mac. They are file extensions the Mac version doesn't read.

That is correct. I thought the Mac version did not read PBB files. However, I am having crashes using the Reference Browser, and the commons thing about the collections that crash is that they were created on Windows and contain one or more PBB resources. Otherwise, the collections work well on both Windows and the Mac.

Jack

Posts 1957
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2009 7:57 AM

JackCaviness:
Otherwise, the collections work well on both Windows and the Mac.

I did not know this.  This is very helpful information!

Posts 71
Aeolus Jacobus | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2009 8:28 AM

Spotlight search .pbb. IT should find any files with extensions of .pbb which is what I think the personal book builder resources are. Deleteing Cache can also help with stabliity. Also if you have a workspace you were using in one version of Mac LBX  and upgraded to a newer one (this was especially true from Beta to 1.0) it can cause some issues. I would suggest if its hot a big hassle to delete and recreate the workspace.

Posts 10893
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2009 12:08 PM

Aeolus Jacobus:

Spotlight search .pbb. IT should find any files with extensions of .pbb which is what I think the personal book builder resources are. Deleteing Cache can also help with stabliity. Also if you have a workspace you were using in one version of Mac LBX  and upgraded to a newer one (this was especially true from Beta to 1.0) it can cause some issues. I would suggest if its hot a big hassle to delete and recreate the workspace.

PBB files have an extension of .lbxoeb. Deleting the cache has no effect on the crash I mentioned earlier. No workspace is involved.

The only window open is the Reference Browser. I did a search for John 12:32 using "All Available Resources" without any problem. I have 122 collections, all of which were originally created with the Windows version. If I execute this search on any collection containing a PBB resource, Logos Mac will crash. The same search on a collection that does not contain any PBB resources will not crash. The Mac version cannot read PBB files, and the presence of an unreadable file in a collection apparently causes the Reference Browser to crash.

I am sending a copy of this post to macsupport@logos.com.

Jack

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS