LOGOS 5

Page 5 of 5 (92 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 91 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 1:21 PM

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):

KPK111:

I just bought Logos 4!  I hope the upgrade won't be too costly. 

I'm fairly new to Logos myself. I think when they upgrade they offer a cross-grade package at around $60-70

There will definitely be a free upgrade for the software 'engine' and there is usually an upgrade 'package' that unlocks extra functions and usually includes some new resources which is charged for.

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 1:28 PM

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):
I think when they upgrade they offer a cross-grade package at around $60-70

The software updates themselves are free. You only pay for new content (if you want it).

Also expect some good discounts. Last time it was 25% on all packages and upgrades.

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):
I would be surprised if they released Logos 5 anytime soon. Surely not for another 6 months or so, I would say.

Given all the hints we've had lately, my guess would be sooner.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 1:29 PM

Graham Owen:

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):

KPK111:

I just bought Logos 4!  I hope the upgrade won't be too costly. 

I'm fairly new to Logos myself. I think when they upgrade they offer a cross-grade package at around $60-70

There will definitely be a free upgrade for the software 'engine' and there is usually an upgrade 'package' that unlocks extra functions and usually includes some new resources which is charged for.

Of course I would love the extra functions and new resources. How much would it be to upgrade that? 60-70.00?

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 1:42 PM

KPK111:
Of course I would love the extra functions and new resources. How much would it be to upgrade that?

No one can tell, since no one outside Logos knows what they intend to include. Plus it will differ depending on what you already own.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 29373
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 1:42 PM

KPK111:
Of course I would love the extra functions and new resources. How much would it be to upgrade that? 60-70.00?

There is no telling… but when speaking of upgrades, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. When users migrated from L3 to L4, there was upgrade pricing for base packages. If users didn't want to upgrade their base package, they could pay for the minimal crossgrade, which would allow access to new features. This may or may not be the case when L5 debuts...

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 1:43 PM

Tom Reynolds:
I think we should blame Bryan: http://community.logos.com/user/Profile.aspx?UserID=5060 :) They deleted the thread but not his activity history...

Smart! Profile pages didn't show up on the Google search I did; just the first words of the OP and the fact that the thread had 17 posts by 5 different people.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:08 AM

I was able to pull the page doing a simple google search. It is stated that Bryan had an early Alpha of L5. He got it by accident. It seems the L5 update was posted in the manual L4 Beta update location...accidents happen, but the problem is the toothpaste is out of the tube. I don't see the page deletion as a coverup though. We all know L5 is being worked on. I think it is wise to keep quite on how far though, otherwise the natives get restless and cranky. As a Mac Alpha tester I saw it with frequency. 

Here's to hoping I can abuse my machine for another Logos Alpha.  :D

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2012 3:10 PM

Ah! Now I managed to figure out how to see a cashed version of at least the first 14 posts. But it wasn't Bryan, it was George who downloaded the alpha (the George who goes as just 'George', not George Somsel). Bryan was the Logos employee who helped him back to L4.

Alpha 4. I wonder how many alphas they intend to have before the first beta.Hmm

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 32181
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2012 3:16 PM

fgh:

I would hope enough to insure a stable product (even for Mac users) and the correction of outstanding bugs ... and some usable nifty new features.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2012 4:49 PM

I imagine there were a few that snagged it that day. Alpha 5 now. New features are unavailable without new/updated resources so no reason for folks to go crazy about a little slip that didn't reveal much. And I imagine, it's somewhat unethical for any who did to discuss it.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2012 5:10 PM

MJ. Smith:

fgh:

I would hope enough to insure a stable product (even for Mac users) and the correction of outstanding bugs

Yes

Posts 955
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2012 10:42 PM

MJ. Smith:
I would hope enough to insure a stable product

Stable and quick are my two requirements. 

Page 5 of 5 (92 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS