How many hours?

Page 2 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 60 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 141
Jonathan Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 1:38 PM

Less than 30 minutes! Make sure you get your pre-orders in!

Posts 6779
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 2:24 PM

My compute says it will die if it does not get Perseus. Notice the death throlls are already sounding. "666"

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 2:27 PM

That's interesting...  I'm having the same problem....

Logos 5, Windows & Android perfect together....

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 2:49 PM

Lynden Williams:
My compute says it will die if it does not get Perseus. Notice the death throlls are already sounding. "666"

DON'T LET IT DIE! Quick, go onto Logos.com and buy some books to resuscitate it!!!!!!

Posts 2595
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 2:51 PM

Is there any way for me to know when my turn will come to download the Perseus Collection?  I placed my orders on August 12.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 3:17 PM

I guess you folks must have been slow in ordering. I got my first collection 12 minutes ago. Smile

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 3:30 PM

fgh:

I guess you folks must have been slow in ordering. I got my first collection 12 minutes ago. Smile

Not at all... I ordered within 12 hours of the original post.  When you consider that Logos has about 1 million customers and that half of them must be using L4 at least that is alot of bandwith to manage.  If even 100,000 people ordered Perseus at 1 gig a pop that is crazy city.  I'll be impressed if I get it tonight at all (although my computer is having a fit at the delay LOL).

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 5:11 PM

Kevin Taylor:

fgh:

Not at all... I ordered within 12 hours of the original post.  

Like I said: slow. Stick out tongue I believe I ordered within the first half an hour or so... Wink

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 6:32 PM

I ordered the seven collections within minutes of them becoming available.  Still no DL.  I'm kind of surprised, but . . . oh well.  :)

Posts 1210
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 7:18 PM

Dominick Sela:

Update! I just found out from Logos that MVPs are receiving the update first as we did some preview of the resources. Sorry for the false alarm, I assume that means the official public release is due out later today.  I have not heard anything that indicates otherwise and it's certainly available!

Sorry for the confusion!

So here I am, trying to figure out βασιλεία in the YLT's context of "Reign" vs all other translations use of Kingdom (which I find less helpful a word, for some reason) and while doing a Word Study, I see:

Humm...no Classics use.  Hoping Perseus flows soon to the teeming masses.   Perhaps Perseus has been abducted...or turned to stone.

On the other hand, how can "The Facade" not be considered a Classic?  

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 8:07 PM

Ward Walker:
So here I am, trying to figure out βασιλεία in the YLT's context of "Reign" vs all other translations use of Kingdom (which I find less helpful a word, for some reason) and while doing a Word Study,

Perseus Classics has many more entries:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 8:45 PM

Thomas Black:

Dominick Sela:

Milford Charles Murray:
How large was the download?

I believe it was about 1 GB.

1.1GB is downloading on my relatively skinny fat-pipe.

Perseus has 1.07 GB to download for all pre-pub items (1,743 resources).  Perseus has 649 Greek resources and 50 Latin resources with Logos Greek Morphology tagging.  Perseus includes 264 Latin and 825 English.

Wiki => Example Collections now has Perseus examples.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 8:53 PM

Can anyone tell me if the update pushes automatically if you just leave L4 running or do you need to keep open/closing/queuing update now like normal?

I have been running like a hamster allll day with the open/close L4 routine LOL. 

Thanks in advance

Posts 1855
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 4:57 AM

You can type "Update Now" (without the quotations) in the command bar instead of continuously opening and closing the program.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 5:01 AM

Rick:

You can type "Update Now" (without the quotations) in the command bar instead of continuously opening and closing the program.

And if your real desperate open Favorites, type update now in the command bar, and, BEFORE HITTING ENTER, drag the "Update Now" option to Bookmark 3 in the favorites window. Now all you have to do is hit CTRL+3 to check for updates :-)

EDIT> I think "Update Resources" is what your actually after. Try that in the command bar.

Posts 30640
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 5:02 AM

Kevin Taylor:
Can anyone tell me if the update pushes automatically if you just leave L4 running or do you need to keep open/closing/queuing update now like normal?

The later, I think.

Kevin Taylor:
I have been running like a hamster allll day with the open/close L4 routine LOL. 

If I were you, I would not worry about it. It will probably take many days before it gets pushed to everyone. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 5:02 AM

I can't seem to download those Perseus titles I ordered.  I checked my account and it said "ships yesterday."  I've used the "update now" command and the response is that my library is up to date.

Is the likely reason I can't download it because of the phased roll-out?

Thanks Yes

[EDIT: alabama24 answered my question at the same time I was typing this post!]

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 5:03 AM

Paul Clarke:

I can't seem to download those Perseus titles I ordered.  I checked my account and it said "ships yesterday."  I've used the "update now" command and the response is that my library is up to date.

Is the likely reason I can't download it because of the phased roll-out?

Thanks Yes

Yelp. That's probably the reason. it might take a while.

Posts 1855
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 6:39 AM

Halo Hound:
EDIT> I think "Update Resources" is what your actually after. Try that in the command bar.

Is it just my computer or does it seem that "Update Resources" takes a lot longer than "Update Now"? It might just be my computer but I always put the blame on that it might be checking each individual resource and comparing it with the Logos server. I've just been using update now for new resources. Just curious if anyone else experiences this. Smile

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 11:05 AM

Update now checks to see what Logos headquarters might have for you.

Update Resources checks against EVERY ONE of your resources.Sad

Use it only in an emergency for repairs!Smile

Regards, SteveF

Page 2 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS