How many hours?

Page 3 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 60 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 2:38 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

Peace!

Now you guys (and gal!)  (*smile*) have gotten me all excited, and I will be sitting on pins and needles for the next few hours.

I ordered (I believe!) right at the very beginning!

Much Joy in the Lord!

Yeah, I ordered the minute the collections became available.  Still no DL.  How long will the wait be for those who ordered an hour, a day, or even weeks later?  Yowza!

Posts 3744
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 3:41 PM

Paul Strickert:
How long will the wait be...

On the positive side of waiting (many thanks to an MVP poster in another thread), I learned how to add the "Update now" & "Update resources" commands to my favorites list, so now all I have to do is press ctrl-2 or ctrl-3 rather than typing in the command! This not only helps with waiting for Perseus but also waiting for the next Beta!Big SmileGeeked

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 8:18 AM

I was just notified that my Perseus download is ready. I ordered within the first several hours of release. (not sure of the exact time frame).

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 8:30 AM

Jonathan, how were you "notified"? By email or by updating L4?  I too ordered within hours of post (about 12 hours).  Just curious

Logos 5, Windows & Android perfect together....

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 8:39 AM

Kevin Taylor:

Jonathan, how were you "notified"? By email or by updating L4?  I too ordered within hours of post (about 12 hours).  Just curious

Everything was exactly like a normal pre-pub. I received a pre-pub email that said "This is to inform you that your recent Pre-Pub order of Perseus Classics Collection (1,114 vols.) is now ready to be downloaded. Your credit card has been charged. Please print a copy of this invoice for your records." It then gave instructions for how to download the resource.

I haven't received all the files yet. But they are going in the order they were received. I deliberately ordered the classics collection first, and the classics collection is the first item I have received. Hopefully the rest will come in the next few hours/days.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 9:56 AM

Kevin Taylor:

By the way... I think I was inside of the four-five hour mark. I know I ordered sometime before 5 p.m. CST.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 10:17 AM

Jonathan:

Kevin Taylor:

Everything was exactly like a normal pre-pub. I received a pre-pub email that said "This is to inform you that your recent Pre-Pub order of Perseus Classics Collection (1,114 vols.) is now ready to be downloaded. Your credit card has been charged. Please print a copy of this invoice for your records." It then gave instructions for how to download the resource.

I haven't received all the files yet. But they are going in the order they were received. I deliberately ordered the classics collection first, and the classics collection is the first item I have received. Hopefully the rest will come in the next few hours/days.

I also ordered that day around 7:00 EST.  I also ordered the classics collection first.  I also just received 1,114 vols., and they are now just over 60% indexed!

I also got the same notice.

*smile*                                             I am indeed a "happy camper"!

Just looked at "The Anabasis" by Xenophon!           Absolutely thrilled.  I don't even know where my hard dead tree book even is!  Remember translating "The Anabasis" more than 50 years ago!   Have to be away for a few days at Saskatoon, Saskatchewan in Western Canada and hope to use Biblia.com at my son's home!

*smile*

Thank you again, Logos, very much indeed!

>>>>>>>>>>     2 Thessalonians 3.16      <<<<<<<<<<

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9520
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 10:26 AM

Jonathan:
By the way... I think I was inside of the four-five hour mark. I know I ordered sometime before 5 p.m. CST.

It seems that Logos must release these pretty slowly in order to be able to use their servers for other products and requirements. Even doing that they are probably maxing out what they can deliver. We are talking large downloads, not the typical single book or small collection. I am sure Logos recorded orders in the order they were received and are processing them that way. The relative silence about the Perseus collection on the Forums might be because so few have received them so far (or else they are lost in reading and organizing them.)

It is easy for me to counsel patience as I already have Perseus, but I noticed a very long gap on Saturday between ordering a single book and being able to download it, so I suspect the servers are doing as much as they can.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 10:32 AM

Now, Mark ... just one MORE reason L3 is SO GOOD. I  bought a resource last night, downloaded and began reading all within 60 seconds.

I know, I know ... L4 has a few extra benefits!

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2157
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 11:07 AM

I have received the Civil War collection on Sept. 30 and the Classics Collection about an hour ago. 

Still have five left to download, I will be patient, my Acer Netbook can only go so fast.

Posts 67
Richard Koons | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 2:54 PM

Be Happy I havent even recieved one yet

Posts 67
Richard Koons | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 4:12 PM

thanks Logos I just am recieving a download of about 509.9 mb Big Smile

Posts 3744
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 8:33 PM

BillS:

Paul Strickert:
How long will the wait be...

Just received / indexed Classics... still awaiting the rest... Blessings to all!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 12:06 AM

Just got the email notice that my Classics collection is ready to download!...and I thought I was one of the first to order....so, folks...it's going to take some time...but it is FREE!Smile

Charlene

Posts 2519
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 5:39 AM

I received the Classics about 24 hours ago and nothing else since.  I don't mind if it takes several days or weeks to receive them, it's just good to know they are coming soon.

Posts 3744
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 9:16 AM

BillS:

Just received / indexed Classics... still awaiting the rest... Blessings to all!

However, I have yet to figure out how to download them to L3... The Script I was sent did not trigger a download, only gave me the licenses. And when I ran the Script to update resources, nothing. Has anyone else had success downloading the resources to L3?

(Oh how I long for the day that L4 will be complete enough to uninstall L3!)

Blessings!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1829
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 9:24 AM

BillS:
However, I have yet to figure out how to download them to L3...

Hi Bill, I did not take advantage of this offer so I'm not sure if my advice will be fruitful or not. If you look at your order history under your account, there should be a list of downloadable Libronix files. Are they in the list?

Posts 186
Robert G. Mettler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 9:38 AM

BillS:
However, I have yet to figure out how to download them to L3...

The product pages (now gone) for the Perseus collections specifically said that Logos 4 was required for these resources. The only way a Libronix only user can access them is through Library.com or Biblia.com or a mobile device with a Logos 4 license. (from the cloud.) There are no L3 files for these.

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 10:54 AM

Just received a notification that my Perseus Arabic Collection is ready!

Posts 67
Richard Koons | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 11:28 AM

I have the classic portion but nothing else yet am hoping the get the American History version and some of the other works as well wonder

ow long the entire delivery will take.

Page 3 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS