Perseus

Page 5 of 6 (108 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 107 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2011 6:49 AM

KarenCoker:
Another question, is it possible to delete books completely from your library (on both)? - I don't see a delete option--am I missing something?

This is accomplished by "Hiding" your resources. The option to "Hide" is found in Tools > (under "Settings) "Program Settings" then scroll to the bottom and click the triangle to expand this section. Then open your library (perhaps in a panel next to the settings panel) and click/drag books into the space under "Hidden Resources."

NOTES: click and drag on the book anywhere other than the book title (clicking the title opens the resource); also, "hiding" will remove the resource on all your devices; finally, this removes the resource but not the indexing information, to reclaim that space as well type rebuild library index in the command box (usually not necessary).

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2011 8:45 AM

KarenCoker:
Thank you for your patience with this novice poster (or is their a name or people who post?
New friend?  Smile  

We could call you a newbie but not everyone takes kindly to that.  

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 47
David McClister | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 8:13 AM

I saw the Logos icon in my system tray and got excited -- this is it! Perseus is downloading! But alas, it was only an update of existing resources. Kind of like the coming judgement -- I know I'm getting closer to the time, but I just don't know when it will be. :-)

Posts 2157
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 8:16 AM

Received six of the seven Perseus downloads, waiting on Beowulf.

I can wait, that way my Acer netbook will have time to recover.

Posts 55
J Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 10:32 AM

I don't know any other language other than English, and I don't know much about ancient things, or people, so with most of the books in Perseus Classics Collection, I'm left with the question, "what is this, or that book?", with no detail on each book just on the collection, I need to ask; is there a website that gives, even a little, detail on the books? The Perseus website doesn't help, or if it does, then I need infomation on how to navigate the site. Thanks for any help.

Posts 9520
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 11:36 AM

J Hale:
I'm left with the question, "what is this, or that book?

One place to check is the Loeb Classical Library site which gives brief descriptions of many classics: http://www.hup.harvard.edu/collection.php?cpk=1031

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 11:50 PM

KarenCoker:
I was asking if I could keep a subset of collections on my laptop. Since they must be identical,

Resource licenses for your library are identical, however, different computers can have different subset(s) in Logos4 folder.  Forum discussion => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/38693/289484.aspx#289484 has steps for Logos 4 "Lite"

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 855
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 12:40 PM

Still waiting Confused

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 12:50 PM

I ordered the collections the minute they became available.  I received them this week:  one on Monday, two Tuesday, three Wednesday, and one Thursday.  So, it does, indeed, take a while to process the orders.

Posts 1805
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 1:23 PM

Ron Corbett:

Still waiting Confused

I am also waiting and waiting and waitingSad

I wish I could join in on the party.

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 67
Richard Koons | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 2:04 PM

I recieved four of the seven sets 1 on monday, 1 on weds, 2 yesterday, so far none today still waiting for the final three sets does anyone know if they are processing these on the weekends as well I noticed all of mine came through during their bus hours also hope everyone recieves theirs soon as wellWink

Posts 2157
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 2:05 PM

Tom Rach:

Ron Corbett:

Still waiting Confused

I am also waiting and waiting and waitingSad

I wish I could join in on the party.

Remember Patience is part of the Fruit of the Spirit and is a virtue. Just hang in there and it will arrive sooner than you think.  I received all seven of them over a five day period.

Posts 1210
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 3:08 PM

Just got Beowulf yesterday, so now have all of Perseus--it came part by part.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 3:12 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:
Remember Patience is part of the Fruit of the Spirit and is a virtue

Just thinkin here. Isn't it interesting how patience is a fruit and how quickly fruit spoils.....

Posts 1563
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 4:48 PM

REceived my Arabic today. Nice stuff :)

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 4:52 PM
Richard Koons:

I recieved four of the seven sets 1 on monday, 1 on weds, 2 yesterday, so far none today still waiting for the final three sets does anyone know if they are processing these on the weekends as well I noticed all of mine came through during their bus hours also hope everyone recieves theirs soon as wellWink

I would be interested as well! I just got the Arabic Collection, and wondered if others might come over the weekend, or if I should start checking again on Mon.! Well whenever they come they will be great resources.
Posts 29
Jonathan Vliet | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 8 2011 4:53 AM

So when you "receive" one of the collections...

does your logos prompt you to go download something somewhere, or does it just automatically do one of its updates and when it's done you have a bigger library?

Posts 12069
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 8 2011 4:58 AM

Jonathan Vliet:

does your logos prompt you to go download something somewhere, or does it just automatically do one of its updates and when it's done you have a bigger library?

Automatically on start of the application (or upon issueing the command "Update Resources"), just like any other Logos resource you receive. They will also send out an email, though.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 8 2011 6:41 AM

NewbieMick:

Jonathan Vliet:

Automatically on start of the application (or upon issueing the command "Update Resources"), just like any other Logos resource you receive. They will also send out an email, though.

NOTE: The update resources command will check your entire library for missing books, comparing a list of your resources in a locally (on your computer) stored index with the files in your resource folder, it will then compare this with your license at the Logos server and download anything that's missing. This can take a very long time, if you have a large library.

The recommended command to check if there are new resources or updates is update now. This command checks your version and resource index against your license at the Logos server and download anything new. On the other hand update now, does not always work for me for resource updates, new resources or even new versions.

Here's what I do: having been informed of an update via a Logos email, or an announcement on these forums, I restart Logos. In this case, with the roll out staggered over (at least) 3 weeks, I'd recommend restarting Logos daily, and perhaps restarting once more during the day.

EDIT: If Logos is notifying customers via email that their download is ready, just wait for that. NewbieMick hints at that above.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 190
EmileB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 8 2011 7:21 AM

Yes, that is how it works. I only ordered Classics and the Duke Papyri, but in both cases (a couple of days apart) I received an email notification. I then opened my Logos and typed Update Now in the command field. Worked perfectly.

There really are a lot of English resources in the Classics collection. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Page 5 of 6 (108 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS