Installing resources from pc disk & other library issues

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Michael Collins | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 1 2011 10:18 AM

Hello,

I am installing L4 on my new mac mini.  My old one is right beside it so that I can compare speeds.  An unexpected problem popped up and I need help figuring it out.

My library consists of my original PC Standard Base Package purchased back in 1999.  Over the years I added a few eBible collections and the NAS collection and then finally upgraded to Platinum this year.  I thought that everything would automatically download with the new installation, but it seems that is wrong.  The problem I have found is that the library resource count is different between the two macs - new: 1281 old: 1284.  Update resources comes back with no updates available on either machine.  As a test I did a search for "redemption" and both machines cam back with different results in both hits in resources and articles available.

I am thinking that the libraries on both machines might be off by more than three books.  This means that I need to load some resources off of my old eBible disks.   The new Mac will read them and let me browse them, but I am not getting the install resource dialog when I start Logos.

1.  Any way to either force or manually install resources?

2.  Is there a way to figure out the discrepencies between the two libraries?

Thank You,

Michael

Posts 5094
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 10:52 AM

I was caught out by a Personal Book that I had added to one computer but not the other.

I found it by opening the library pain as big as could be on the smaller screen - matching it with the larger monitor and then going down a page at a time until the book at the bottom of the panel was one out.

Took about 10 minutes with 1500 resources.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 2:13 PM

Michael Collins:
1.  Any way to either force or manually install resources?

One option is file sharing so can read Logos 4 Resources folder on other computer, then use scan command, followed by restarting Logos 4 Mac.

Wiki Quick Installation onto Multiple Macs => Copy Logos 4 Resources to Mac OS X has scan command example.

Michael Collins:
2.  Is there a way to figure out the discrepencies between the two libraries?

OS X has ls and diff commands (could list resource names to files, then compare differences).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS