Logos 4 won't start...already tried the FAQ procedure.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 29
Georgia Schoelz | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 3 2011 11:50 AM

Hi everyone,

L4 won't start up at all for me this morning.

I went to the FAQ page and tried holding down the CTRL key but it did not work. The Logos 4 icon shows on the screen, then I get the message that it's stopped working, then it all goes away.

Yesterday I downloaded some recommended Windows updates and my computer was totally messed up (large icons, "old" look, wierd) so I had to restore it to an earlier point which worked as it all looks normal now. However, today L4 doesn't work (I didn't try to run it yesterday). L3 started up just fine this morning.

I also checked the log files and there is nothing there for today.

I certainly would appreciate any help you could give me! I've got an HP computer (model e9280t), running Windows 7 Home Premium, with an Intel i7 CPU, 920 @ 2.67 GHz, 12.0 GB RAM, and a 64-bit OS.

Thank you so much. I need to work on my Bible study lesson for this week! (I also sent all of this to Logos support in an e-mail.)

Georgia Schoelz

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 12:55 PM

Georgia,

I think your best bet is a direct call to Logos Support.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 2:53 PM

Georgia Schoelz:
Yesterday I downloaded some recommended Windows updates and my computer was totally messed up (large icons, "old" look, wierd) so I had to restore it to an earlier point which worked as it all looks normal now.

Wondering if earlier restore point had an earlier version of Logos 4 ? perhaps reinstall using current stable Logos 4 PC Installer

Wiki => Logos 4 Beta Program has link to beta installer (currently the same as stable, anticipating beta update later this month).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 26530
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 3:25 PM

Georgia Schoelz:
However, today L4 doesn't work (I didn't try to run it yesterday).

I would try to

1. Repair it ---> Control Panel | Programs and Features, right click Logos 4 Bible Software and choose Repair; then (if this fails)
  2. Quick re-install  --> backup your Resources, uninstall L4 from Control Panel, delete the \Logos4 folder and install as per Method 3.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 29
Georgia Schoelz | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 4:32 PM

Thanks everyone for your help. I did call Logos Support and they were unable to fix it. Mike at Logos said to fun the Windows Repair Function, which is beyond me, so I'll try to use the Costco Concierge Service to do it since the computer is still under warranty. Apparently when I restored the computer to the previous setting before the Windows update that caused the problems, it didn't recognize the mscorlib.dll file, even though it is there. Hopefully the Windows Repair Function will fix it all.

You guys are great! Thanks for your help!

Georgia

Posts 1
J L Littlejohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 7:46 PM

Logos tech support told me that I had a break in windows when I called in about L4 crashing today.

Posts 26530
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 7:52 PM

J L Littlejohn:

Logos tech support told me that I had a break in windows when I called in about L4 crashing today.

Confused, please explain.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS