Changing default Bible in Logos 4/Mac

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 492
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 6 2009 10:25 AM

Is there any way to change the default Bible in Logos 4/Mac? It seems to be defaulting to the NIV. 

I'm running build 4.0.3.2697.

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 10:47 AM

I don't think that is built into the Alpha yet.  Assuming it will be the same as the Windows version, when it does show up, it will be on the Home Page ribbon to the right of the "Go" button.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 14
John F. Maddocks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:02 AM

Mine defaults to the Hebrew NT and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to change it. As it is it's useless to me as I know no Hebrew.

Posts 127
Darren Paul Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 10:34 PM

This won't help everyone, but if you have the windows version running anywhere, you can set your default bible there and it will sync to the Mac version. (Be sure it has synced after you change the setting)

User Interface Designer - Logos Bible Software

Posts 492
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 5:47 AM

I've done this, but it still stays at NIV.

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 1
Jerry Lillard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 7:51 AM

Go to Library, on the upper right is the selection (Prioritize) go there. Move the Bible you want to be default to the top. If yours is not listed grab from your library and add it. If there are versions in the list you do not want, remove them.

Have a good one

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 8:07 AM

Jerry Lillard:

Go to Library, on the upper right is the selection (Prioritize) go there. Move the Bible you want to be default to the top. If yours is not listed grab from your library and add it. If there are versions in the list you do not want, remove them.

Have a good one

Welcome to the Logos forums Big Smile

Observation: reply using current Logos 4 Mac works fine; however previous reply in this thread was posted on 9 Nov 2009 when a very early Logos 4 Mac alpha pre-release version was lacking capability to change default bible.  Logos 4 Mac features have improved substantially since Nov 2009. Geeked Looking forward to complete feature parity between Mac and PC for Logos 4.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1
Kendrick Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2011 12:04 PM

Hey Jerry! Great advice! It worked like a charm! "Easy- Squeezy!" Keep dropping tips!  Cool

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2011 6:03 PM

Kendrick Morris:

Hey Jerry! Great advice! It worked like a charm! "Easy- Squeezy!" Keep dropping tips!  Cool

Welcome Big Smile

Wiki page Getting Started with Logos => Prioritize Library section has more tips, tutorial, and wiki links about prioritizing library.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS