Favorite Layouts

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 6 2009 12:09 PM

I have been using L3 for a number of years and have just begun using L4.  I am starting to play with different layout schemes.

Do any of the Beta Testers (or others) have suggested layouts with L4 that they find particularly helpful?  I am particularly interested layouts that will help me in my weekly sermon preparation.  Are there layouts that have been unhelpful?  Finally, can layouts be shared - i.e. can I pull out a layout and pass it on to another user or does each user have to rebuild their own layouts?

Thank you for comments.

Blessings,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 6:30 PM

Floyd Johnson:

Do any of the Beta Testers (or others) have suggested layouts with L4 that they find particularly helpful?  I am particularly interested layouts that will help me in my weekly sermon preparation.  Are there layouts that have been unhelpful?  Finally, can layouts be shared - i.e. can I pull out a layout and pass it on to another user or does each user have to rebuild their own layouts?

Floyd,

Funnily enough the whole layout thing is something I haven't played around with a lot. So I haven't yet reproduced the workgroup functionality I had in v3.0 for homily preparation.

But, Layouts are user specific and cannot be shared. The most users will be able to do is to share pictures of their particular layouts.

Posts 155
James Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 6:54 PM

This would be a great thing to share... I have tried to duplicate my Workspaces from LDLS3... I have a Hebrew Study Layout, a Greek Study Layout, Devotional Layout, Study Layout and several Reading Layouts... such as working through John Owen or BB Warfield works. I will try to share some pictures this weekend when I have time... but would love to see some of the hardcore guys screenshots of layouts!!!

Jim

Posts 173
Eleanor Emmott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 4:27 PM

James Brown:

This would be a great thing to share... 

I

I agree with Jim!

I belong to a "Logos family"... my husband and father and I each have our own copy of Logos.  Sometimes we help each other with research, or just find something that would be good to share.  It would be wonderful to be able to send them a "layout file" (or something similar) and for them to be able to load it.  I know that we can do something similar with reading lists, but a layout would also allow us to share particular searches, or specific points in a resource.

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 4:46 PM

Floyd Johnson:
Do any of the Beta Testers (or others) have suggested layouts with L4 that they find particularly helpful?  

John Fidel has both OT and NT expository layout schemes on two videos you can find on the wiki here: http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4_Video_Tutorials

Since we each work differently and have different screen real estate it is hard to recommend one scheme over another. John's is a good starting place, however.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 4:48 PM

I left out Mark Barnes four videos on sermon prep using Logos 4 you can find at the same wiki location. Mark does a fine job on these presentations.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 10:10 AM

I guess I'm just wired different....I have many layouts for many different studies and I hardly follow a scheme on any of them...except for maybe a basic..."search, exe guides, and PG's on the left" and grouping like-items together....

Other than that...my layouts seem like they were constructed by several different commitees! Big Smile

Then again...unlike many here...I'm not a Pastor so I can afford to be "unorganized"

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 12:25 PM

Robert Pavich:

I guess I'm just wired different....I have many layouts for many different studies and I hardly follow a scheme on any of them...except for maybe a basic..."search, exe guides, and PG's on the left" and grouping like-items together....

Other than that...my layouts seem like they were constructed by several different commitees! Big Smile

That's my method! Every time I try to construct a generic layout template, I alter it after saving it for some specific study. Then I think, "Hey, this is better than my generic layout". Soon, I have a half-dozen different layouts, all different. I gave up on standardization and became like Robert, except for the snow.

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 12:55 PM

Jack Caviness:
Then I think, "Hey, this is better than my generic layout". Soon, I have a half-dozen different layouts, all different. I gave up on standardization

i'm starting to think that way, too.  haven't given up hope on standardized layouts but . . .

sometimes I like having four or six panes open, like Mark Barnes, other times, I just want two, or three.  What I don't like is on the quarter screen size pane, the interlinear taking up most of the screen.  Brings me to a suggestion i may make on "suggestions:" the ability to differentiate font size in the biblical text vs. the interlinear.  I may have the Bible font near max, but no way do I want/need the interlinear that way.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 1:54 PM

Dan DeVilder:
haven't given up hope on standardized layouts but . . .

Me either... but to standardize, I'll need to be able to create SRA's that allow me to choose which OT/NT resources to switch, depending on which Scripture is open. I really miss that L3 functionality.Crying

Blessings!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 218
John Nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 2:02 PM

I have been playing around with different layouts. Here are a few of mine.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS