Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
Matt Mencel | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 9 2011 7:53 AM

In our old presenter software (SongShowPlus), it was easy to put slides in the correct order (e.g. V1 C V2 C B C C E) and just takes a few seconds.  The complaint from our sound guy is this is a lot clunkier in Proclaim.

If he wants to do the songs the same way in Proclaim as he did in SSP, with song slides in the exact order that they are sung, he has to do A LOT of individual song editing.

I showed him the keyboard shortcuts....so he can just hit '1' for verse 1, 'C' for the chorus, etc....but he wasn't real impressed.  He wants the slides to present in the exact order they are sung.

Would it be possible to create dialog buttons for each verse/chorus,bridge, etc.... And a person could quickly click them to create the song slide order?  Or some functionality up in the top of the EDIT view where you could easily drag/copy song slides around to get them in the correct order?

This is the first week our tech guy has used Proclaim....just so you know where he's coming from.  Every new system takes a bit of getting used to.  But that was his first complaint to me.  :)

Thanks,

Matt

Posts 5565
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 9 2011 8:50 AM

Matt Mencel:
The complaint from our sound guy is this is a lot clunkier in Proclaim.

As another SSP user (I design most of the SSP programs), I agree that the way Proclaim handles songs feels like a big step back from the way SSP does it. But I only tested Proclaim for a short period of time, so I can't say for certain that it's a step backward after one gets to know the program. First time use always feels a bit clunky compared to using something you know.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 5565
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 9 2011 3:40 PM

Matt Mencel:
The complaint from our sound guy is this is a lot clunkier in Proclaim.

As another SSP user (I design most of the SSP programs), I agree that the way Proclaim handles songs feels like a big step back from the way SSP does it. But I only tested Proclaim for a short period of time, so I can't say for certain that it's a step backward after one gets to know the program. First time use always feels a bit clunky compared to using something you know.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 23
Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 10 2011 7:17 AM

I came here to post this also.  It seems like Proclaim is starting out on the path to do this.  It has each part of the song tagged and even has hotkeys assigned to them, but we do need the ability to easily move and duplicate each section of a song.

Posts 27
Randy Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 10 2011 8:14 AM

Interesting - this is what our tech facilitator told me this weekend.  He wants to be able to order similar to SSP or at least to be able to switch the order of the slides within the song...he said that would be easiest.

Posts 5
Shawn Kirsch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 8:12 PM

In general whoever is running our presentation will find the correct slide quickly when needed. We order everything in the proper order, but when the Spirit leads, the worship pastor won't hesitate to deviate from it. Also, when we have weddings I tend to be the only one in the sound booth, so I NEED everything to be in the proper order. I can't run the sound board and then try to find the next slide too, just reach over and hit the next key.

Posts 6
Simon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 11:54 AM

Same early impression I had - we're considering a change from SongPro. The setting of V1, Ch, Bridge, Ending etc is very useful

Posts 3
Tom McKean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 4:41 PM

Matt Mencel:

I showed him the keyboard shortcuts....but he wasn't real impressed.  He wants the slides to present in the exact order they are sung.

From another SongShow user...

We usually try to get the songs set up in order so that our volunteer slide changing crew (usually one of the teens) just has to keep hitting the "next slide" button.  It is quite nice in SSP to enter each part once and then edit the Verse Order to get everything in the right place.  Right now, it looks like the only way to do this in Proclaim is to enter all of the words in order, including multiple entries when required (e.g. Verse 1 text, Chorus text, Verse 2 text, Chorus text (again), etc).  Kind of repetitively redundant, but it works.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS