Page 3 of 4 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 65 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 1 2011 4:00 PM

Milford Charles Murray:
should I ask my daughter to give me the money for me to put aside to save up for an iPad? 

Kindle and Nook apps are still available in iTunes for use on iOS devices, including iPad.

Apple offers certified refurbished iPad's => http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

Milford Charles Murray:
(I do not have 3g service, no mobile phone, but only a very good high-speed cable.)

Option: add a wireless access point for use with high-speed cable.  Recommend wireless configuration using WPA2 with AES.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2011 9:07 AM

Dan DeVilder:

nicky crane:
Tho Kindle is much better for reading in bright sunlight.

she is referring to the original "e-ink" kindles, and not the Kindle Fire (right, Nicky?), which is backlit like the iPads. 

Nicky, I have begun to rethink my desire for a KF or iPad right now.  I might get by with a regular ol' Kindle I have and send personal documents to myself to read.  Not as convenient and powerful, but it can be done, and the reading pleasure is a bit better--unless it is dark. we'll see.  I vacillate so much on this! :)

Yes, it's an e-ink kindle. A new cover with a light, which works on my ?Kindle keyboard, would be  cheaper than a KF!

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2011 9:57 AM

nicky crane:

Yes, it's an e-ink kindle. A new cover with a light, which works on my ?Kindle keyboard, would be  cheaper than a KF!

true.  I guess "inconvenience" is the only reason i am wanting a KF--i'd like to be able to browse my library and pick any book to read.  with the K3 I own, I have to think ahead, copy, send, remember to send to the right unit . . . and, any highlights/notes (which can't be done yet anyway) will not show up in Logos.  BUT, it is cheaper and easier on the eyes.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2011 10:52 AM

Dan DeVilder:

nicky crane:

true.  I guess "inconvenience" is the only reason i am wanting a KF--i'd like to be able to browse my library and pick any book to read.  with the K3 I own, I have to think ahead, copy, send, remember to send to the right unit . . . and, any highlights/notes (which can't be done yet anyway) will not show up in Logos.  BUT, it is cheaper and easier on the eyes.

You might find Kindle Fire easier on the eyes if black background with white text is easier on the eyes. I don't have a Kindle Fire, I use the iPad, but find this seeing is easier to read for longer periods (especially at night).

Blessings,

Philana

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2011 11:07 AM

Philana Crouch:
You might find Kindle Fire easier on the eyes if black background with white text is easier on the eyes. I don't have a Kindle Fire, I use the iPad, but find this seeing is easier to read for longer periods (especially at night).

hey Philan--always appreciate your input!  Yeah, I know about that feature, and when my wife lets me use her ipod touch, I have used it (Smile).  e-ink is just nice, and is great for sunlit areas.  Anyway, still wondering myself about whether to get the KF, or save for an ipad.  :)

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 8
Linda | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2012 11:18 AM

Can you use your kindle for vyrso books? I' like a simple kindle just for reading but would like to be able to have my vyrso books on it.

Thanks, Linda

Posts 27768
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2012 11:31 AM

Linda:
Can you use your kindle for vyrso books? I' like a simple kindle just for reading but would like to be able to have my vyrso books on it.

There is not a Vyrso app for the regular Kindle, but there is an Andriod app which can be used on the Kindle Fire. Some users have spent time exporting Logos/Vyrso books to other formats to make them work on regular kindles, but I have no experience with that.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10101
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2012 12:14 PM

Linda:

Thanks, Linda

In addition to what Alabama said, you should be able to use the kindle browser to access your Vyrso books on biblia.com.

Hope this helps,

Mick

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 8
Linda | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 10:36 AM

Thanks, that helps.Changing books to other formats is not something I know how to do. I don't want to spend the extra money on a kindle fire just to be able to read a book on the go-so I'll just have to carry a real book with me.

Posts 82
Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 29 2012 11:15 AM

A number of great ideas and suggestions!

Does anyone know if they are planning to have a Vyrso App for the Kindle Fire?  If so, ETA?

Posts 27768
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 29 2012 12:56 PM

Joe:
Does anyone know if they are planning to have a Vyrso App for the Kindle Fire?  If so, ETA?

Doesn't Logos already have an Andriod Vyrso app?

Posts 322
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 29 2012 1:16 PM

alabama24:

Joe:

Doesn't Logos already have an Andriod Vyrso app?

I have the Kindle Fire and the Logos Bible Software app opens up both Vyrso and Logos books, same as the L4 does on a computer... searching the Kindle Apps under Vyrso did not take me to a different app, just the one I alreay have.

Frustation warning... Vyrso books, or the ones I've got, do not have page numbers, which is very similar to Kindle books. If that's not a problem for you, then have at it, I can read everything that's in my L4, on the Fire, including Vyrso books.

Hey Logos, creating a Vyrso sample book would be a great idea, similar to what I can get on my Kindle from amazon, just to see what some of the functionality of the book is once it's on my device, then when I reaced the end of the sample it gives me a hyperlink to buy the product.

Posts 27768
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 29 2012 1:31 PM

Ralph Mauch:
Frustation warning... Vyrso books, or the ones I've got, do not have page numbers, which is very similar to Kindle books.

Vyrso books are "plane jane" except for Scripture hyperlinking. There will not be any page numbers.

Posts 82
Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 29 2012 2:22 PM

alabama24:

Ralph Mauch:
Frustation warning... Vyrso books, or the ones I've got, do not have page numbers, which is very similar to Kindle books.

Vyrso books are "plane jane" except for Scripture hyperlinking. There will not be any page numbers.

Thanks!  Yeah, I guess you're right Ralph - there is no Vyrso App, but the Logos App will find the book and open it!

Big Smile

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 29 2012 2:58 PM

Joe:

A number of great ideas and suggestions!

I was able to install the Vyrso app (beta version) onto my Kindle from here: http://downloads.logos.com/Android/Vyrso/beta/index.html

I was not able to download it from the Android store, since that store doesn't recognize the Kindle as an Android device (?!).

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 394
Fernando A Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 8:54 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

I was able to install the Vyrso app (beta version) onto my Kindle from here: http://downloads.logos.com/Android/Vyrso/beta/index.html

I was not able to download it from the Android store, since that store doesn't recognize the Kindle as an Android device (?!).

The Kindle Fire will block the installation for security reasons as it is downloaded from an "unknown source".  I guess that may have to do with Kindle Fire using a slightly different Android operating system.  I wonder how is Vyrso working for you in the Kindle Fire.  

Does anyone know if Logos will launch a Kindle approved Vyrso version as they did for Logos?  From the thread of this post it seems that there was one at some point in time.  Does anyone know why there isn't one now available in the Kindle Store (i.e., was that a "Kindle" or a "Logos" decision)?

Blessings,  Fernando

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 9:27 AM

Fernando A Gonzalez:
The Kindle Fire will block the installation for security reasons as it is downloaded from an "unknown source".

There is a Kindle Fire setting that does allow this. I don't have my Kindle in front of me now, but it's in there somewhere. I was able to install Vyrso from the above site and it works without problems.

Fernando A Gonzalez:
Does anyone know if Logos will launch a Kindle approved Vyrso version as they did for Logos?  From the thread of this post it seems that there was one at some point in time.  Does anyone know why there isn't one now available in the Kindle Store (i.e., was that a "Kindle" or a "Logos" decision)?

I don't really have an inside track on why this might be so. However, I like to guess, so here are my guesses: 1) the Vyrso for Android app is still in beta; 2) Amazon might not want the competition. I suspect #2 is the more important reason, but I really don't know.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 394
Fernando A Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 9:33 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
There is a Kindle Fire setting that does allow this.

Yes, I found it in the settings.  One can turn it off for the installation and then turn it on again.  What I don't know is how will it work for the updates, my guess is that it won't update automatically since it will not be looking for it in the Kindle Store collection.

Richard DeRuiter:
I like to guess, so here are my guesses

Those are good guesses...  The fact that it is still beta seems like a strong reason indeed.

Thanks for your ideas.  Blessings, Fernando

Posts 1
Edward S Gilbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2012 12:47 PM

You can get the Logos app on your Kindle Fire cause it's on mine.If you log into Amazon.com and look under Android apps you should be able to find both the Logos app and the Vyrsos app.Alas Amazon won't let you download the Vyrsos app.

Posts 767
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 29 2012 9:58 PM

still no Vyrso app for kindle fire?

Page 3 of 4 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS