Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 217
Dudley C Rose | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 24 2009 5:28 PM

I would like to mark an English Bible with the  Eissfeldt Sources for teaching purposes.  Is there a way to do this other than marking them up by hand?  I would even be happy with something like the markings for the Bible reading plan, if necessary, say, working from a verse list. 

Thanks,
Dudley

Posts 33457
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2009 5:37 PM

see http://blog.logos.com/archives/2006/08/genre_source_visual_filtering.html

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 217
Dudley C Rose | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2009 5:49 PM

If I read that right, it is about the A-F specific markings.  I'm looking for a way to do this for an English Bible.  I'm pretty sure the automatic marking works only for the A-F tagged text, so I'm looking for a workaround.

Thanks,

Dudley

MJ. Smith:

Posts 27045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2009 8:20 PM

DudleyCRose:
If I read that right, it is about the A-F specific markings.  I'm looking for a way to do this for an English Bible.  I'm pretty sure the automatic marking works only for the A-F tagged text, so I'm looking for a workaround.

Correct, you need a workaround. So here's something to get you started using Verse Lists from Syntax Search (Search menu) to identify specific genre:

1. Open the Hebrew Bible (AFAT) database of Syntax Search
  2. Choose your Search Range e.g. Pentateuch
  3. Add a Text Segment
  4. Optionally choose to highlight text
  5. Scroll down to Text Type
  6. Select your genre e.g. Human Speech to God
  7. Run the Search
  8. Export Results to a Verse List & give it a suitable name for posterity (this can be slow although my example has 2852 results in 170 verses)
  9. In Properties select the English bible Version(s)
  10. Choose the Style e.g. References and Text in One Column

OK - no markup, just a number of Verse Lists with the text!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 217
Dudley C Rose | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2009 9:50 AM

Thanks, Dave.  I've no experience with the syntax search, so I'll have fun learning how to use it effectively.

Dudley

Dave Hooton:

[So here's something to get you started using Verse Lists from Syntax Search (Search menu) to identify specific genre

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS