Undo a download.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 28
Fred H. | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 13 2011 5:54 AM

I ordered the free collection that came out with a crazy amount of books.  I've been ignoring the emails telling me they were ready and was going to cancel the order but never got to it.  Today Logos notified me there was an upgrade to down load so I did.  Well now I've got hundreds of books in my library I shouldn't have ordered and will never use. Can anyone tell me the best way to get rid of them?  I don't even know what they all are.

Thank you!

Grace and peace to you all,

Fred  

In His Peace, Fred

“We love because he first loved us.” (1 John 4:19, ESV)

CBCWallace.org

Posts 29932
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 6:44 AM

Fred - 

You apparently ordered the Perseus collection. Unfortunaly, the only way to get rid of them is to "hide" them. See the Wiki for more information:

http://wiki.logos.com/Hiding_Books

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 905
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 7:06 AM

alabama24:

Fred - 

You apparently ordered the Perseus collection. Unfortunaly, the only way to get rid of them is to "hide" them. See the Wiki for more information:

http://wiki.logos.com/Hiding_Books

.... and before your head explodes about having to hide each resource individually: Yes, Bob has stated that he'll look into modifying the 'hide resource" functionality.  If it helps, I just hid several hundred Perseus resources myself.... one at a time.. 

"I read dead people..."

Posts 28
Fred H. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 7:20 AM

Say it aint so!!!  I have to go through this process indiviually and restart Logos for each book???  It would be easier to uninstall Logos and reinstall???  Maybe easier for me to just start using Quickverse again.  I'm a simpleton and seems like Logos makes things much more complicated then they need to be.  Like say..."right click" on a book and select delete.....yikes.

Thanks for your help, Fred

In His Peace, Fred

CBCWallace.org

Posts 25352
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 7:27 AM

Fred H.:
I have to go through this process indiviually and restart Logos for each book??? 

You don't need to restart Logos for each book. You need to restart after hiding all the books you want to get rid of.

It's still not easy but not quite as bad!

Graham

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

Fred H.:

Say it aint so!!!  I have to go through this process indiviually and restart Logos for each book???

You don't have to restart Logos after hiding each book; you "only" have to drag them one-at-a-time from the Library to the Hidden Resources box, then restart Logos (once) when they've all been dragged over.

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

Or try calling our CS department. They should be able to void your free order, which will remove the unlock from your account. When you restart Logos 4, all the books should be locked (and no longer in your Library).

Posts 28
Fred H. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 7:48 AM

Thanks Bradley!!  They will void the purchase and within 48 hours they will be gone.

Thank you all for your suggestions. Fred

In His Peace, Fred

CBCWallace.org

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS