Uninstalling Proclaim on a Mac

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 13 2011 9:26 PM

How does one uninstall Proclaim from a Mac? I want to install the old beta I was testing. I might download the new beta soon, but I'm not quite ready to download it yet.

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 82
Todd Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 7:18 AM

Proclaim is designed to ensure you're always running the latest version. Even if you install an older version, which I don't recommend, it should not allow you to run, but will immediately update itself.

As a "cloud-enabled" application, the version of the client must match the version of the cloud services upon which it depends. Once the services have been updated, old versions of the client become useless. This is why Proclaim auto-updates.

--Todd

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 11:51 AM

Todd Foster:

Proclaim is designed to ensure you're always running the latest version. Even if you install an older version, which I don't recommend, it should not allow you to run, but will immediately update itself.

As a "cloud-enabled" application, the version of the client must match the version of the cloud services upon which it depends. Once the services have been updated, old versions of the client become useless. This is why Proclaim auto-updates.

--Todd

Question: After the Beta Expires, am I allowed to keep the software on my machine for free, just not be able to use the On Air Feature until paying?

Nathan Parker

Posts 82
Todd Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 11:55 AM

The download is free: you're welcome to keep the software on your machine. You can even test the "On Air" features, but all your slides will be watermarked with the Proclaim logo until you purchase an on-air license.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 12:37 PM

Oh good. I'll download the new beta then. I'd like to keep the engine on my machine, but I'm not sure what church I'll be working in yet that'll be purchasing a license for it. Either my current church will probably transition to it from ProPresenter, or I may even be at another church soon. I'm kinda in a "transitional period" where I'm not sure where I'll be yet that'll have the on air license. :-)

Nathan Parker

Posts 194
Allen Petersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 2:10 PM

During the beta period everyone has a free On-Air license. You would only get a watermark if you use unlicensed media from the store. This is a great time to test out Proclaim for free.

-allen

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2011 12:25 PM

Allen Petersen:

During the beta period everyone has a free On-Air license. You would only get a watermark if you use unlicensed media from the store. This is a great time to test out Proclaim for free.

-allen

Nice. :-)

Nathan Parker

Posts 13
Hans Krause | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2012 11:37 PM

Still the question remains: how to uninstall Proclaim on a Mac. I don't use it because the On Air version does not serve us well. I want to get rid of software that I do not use, but the "drop in the trashcan" method does not work, neither is there an unistall program to do the job. Please, help me out.

Posts 82
Todd Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 8 2012 7:25 AM

Hello Hans,

I'm curious what part of "the On Air version" doesn't serve you well. We would love to know what you find to be lacking in Proclaim.

I'm also curious why the "drop in the trashcan" method doesn't work to uninstall Proclaim. Was Proclaim installed as a different user so that you lack the permissions to uninstall it? The only other data Proclaim leaves on your computer besides the application itself are your personal data and logs. To remove them:

1. Go to the finder
  2. Type Command+shift+G for Go To Folder
  3. Enter "~/Library/Application Support" in the Go To Folder dialog
  4. Find the "Proclaim" folder and drag it to the trash.

Those two directories (the application itself and the Proclaim directory inside Application Support) are all the data Proclaim has on your system.

Thanks for trying Proclaim!

--Todd

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS