Camp Logos 1 or 2?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 28
Fred H. | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 14 2011 7:21 AM

I'm considering purchasing the Camp Logos DVDs and have noticed there is a pre-pub on Camp Logos 2. I have a couple of questions. First, is Camp Logos (1) based on L4 or is it an older version? Second, I can only purchase one, which would be more wise purchasing 1 or 2?

Thank you for your time. I did read a couple of the other Camp Logos posts but didn't see this addressed in them.

Have a great day in Christ, Fred

In His Peace, Fred

“We love because he first loved us.” (1 John 4:19, ESV)

CBCWallace.org

Posts 29932
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 8:02 AM

Fred - Camp logos is based upon Logos 4 & Camp 2 builds upon Camp 1.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1666
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 8:07 AM

Fred H.:
First, is Camp Logos (1) based on L4

YES Smile

[please take this with "a grain of salt" -- {I have) Camp 1. It is very extensive. It appears to touch on almost  "everything" but Camp 2 would go into more detail on original language tools, Power user procedures? Someone please correct me.]

Regards, SteveF

Posts 28
Fred H. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 1:28 PM

Thank you for the information.  Sounds like I'd go with 1 if I pull the trigger.

Fred

In His Peace, Fred

CBCWallace.org

Posts 35
MorrisProctorEmployee
David Kitchen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 1:31 PM

Both of you are correct.

Fred, Camp Logos 1 is all about getting the most out of your software. It touches on a lot of different areas of your Logos so that you can utilize many of the different features.

Camp Logos 2 is all about customizing your software. The way I describe it is really getting in there and getting your hands dirty. Even though Camp Logos 2 on DVD is nearly two hours longer, I would still get Camp Logos 1 (if you had to choose).

However, if you are very familiar with the software and know about all of the many features, you might want to purchase Camp 2. But as mentioned previously, Camp 2 goes on the assumption that you have a knowledge of the material presented in Camp 1.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Blessings,

David

Posts 28
Fred H. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 1:35 PM

David,

Thank you for your reply.  What do you think about the manuals?  I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to memory.  Do you think it would be better to have the two manuals that could be opened in front of me and to reference or the DVDs?

In His Peace, Fred

In His Peace, Fred

CBCWallace.org

Posts 35
MorrisProctorEmployee
David Kitchen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 2:30 PM

Definitely the DVDs. The manuals are great and as you said, they are for referencing. So when you have something that you want to look up, all you need to do is look in the in-depth table of contents or the index in the back.

However, what's great about the DVDs is that they also can be used for reference. We built a DVD menu that can be expanded and subsequently played a section or subsection at a time. So, you can watch it all the way through the first time, and then later go back and brush up on specific sections. So not only do you get someone guiding you step-by-step through the software, but you also have the ability to address certain sections that apply to you or that you need to brushen up on Smile

Also, you now have the ability to order the DVD with the 72 page syllabus that people get at Camp for only $10 extra. http://www.mpseminars.com/shop/logos-training/dvd-training/

So have your cake, use that "knife in the drawer" to cut it, and eat it too!

Posts 28
Fred H. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 3:50 PM

David,

Thank you for your time.  You have been very helpful.  Our senior pastor and I will probably go in together on this.  But we might as well wait until the end of the month to see if it pops up in the pastor appreciation specials.

Thanks again!

In His Peace, Fred

CBCWallace.org

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS